Update on friends V919 3G Core M

Update on friends V919 3G Core M

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums v919 3G Core M Discussion Update on friends V919 3G Core M

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sue
    Participant

Well we got back to work on Andrea’s Tablet and actually got Android to go on and to work….yay…

So I decided to test out the tablet with Antutu both Android and Windows 10 pro.

Antutu 6 for Windows gave us a score of…..117191

Antutu for Android gave us a score of …….98528

The problems we had with USB etc are all gone.

All the Following are working great in both OS’s

Play store …..Great

Wi-Fi…… Great

HDMI….Great

Bluetooth ….Great

I don’t know what combination we did that fixed it but, we are very very happy with the result.

Regards granny1

Andrea
    Participant

Hello Sue, i would buy this Onda V919 3G core M, but I’ve read some reviews that the 3G module does not receive good, sound is poor and has little volume, the battery lasts only 5 hours,¬†and that overheating problems.
    What do you think about it?
    A curiosity: how long it takes to switch from Windows to Android and viceversa?
    Thank you very much

sue
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know about the 3G as I don’t have the Tablet myself and we didn’t try it to be honest.

We did try running a trial of a movie(kids you know) anyway I put AVI PLAYER on and it worked very well, the sound was good not to low or anything.

Also I’m not sure how long the Battery lasts as Andrea took it home with her but, she hasn’t said anything about it not lasting long enough.

Switching over to windows etc we didn’t time it but it doesn’t seem to take to long less time than my ASUS does I tell you.

Hope this is of use to you. I will ask Andrea about the Battery when we meet up for coffee ok?

Regards granny1

Andrea
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply!
    Of course, when you can ask the battery life that are curious and 3G connection.
    For the rest seems a good tablet, a little ‘maybe expensive.
    Thanks again for your info.

sue
    Participant

Hi,

We had coffee yesterday and I did think to ask her about the battery ….Andie said that she seems to be getting about 6hrs reading usingCool Reader and her daughter played the movie Madagascar and the battery ended up almost flat so thats not to bad I don’t think.

She hasn’t tried the 3G and she won’t until they go away camping at christmas time so, she couldn’t help with that.

Andrea is very happy with it, and I must say I jumped the gun when I sent mine back as the little ASUS that I brought had to go back after 1 week just stopped working….So I brought an ACER R3-131T-P73T with 4G of ram and 500G HD Cherry Trail N3700 and Andrea’s V919 leaves me for dead.

Them’s the breaks I suppose.

Regards

granny1

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

Depending on your location, the 3G might not work at all.
    It only supports 900/1800 bands which means it only works on the Eastern hemisphere of the planet. The Western hemisphere (North/South America) uses 850/1900 bands.

I was told by the modem’s manufacturer that the Fibocom H380-Q50 is a quad-band drop-in replacement for the Fibocom H380-A50 that the V919 Core M comes with and that no changes to the Android or Windows drivers would be required (quad band meaning it would work globally, including the Western hemisphere). However, I can’t seem to find a Fibocom H380-Q50 for purchase anywhere. There are other modems with LTE that would probably work in the Windows environment, but not Android since you can’t change Android drivers. Swapping out the modem requires disassembling the tablet.

sue
    Participant

Hi GnatGoSplat,

Thank you for the info….Andrea has tried to go online with a sim card and nothing happened so that might explain it.

Anyway I thought there might have been something wrong in the Build Prop so I got her to have a look at it and she said there is nothing about a modem, tellopathy or phone etc in the build prop at all.

You have one of these tablets yes? if you do could you have a look at your build prop and see what it says please.

Thank you greatly

Regards granny1

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

Hi, there is one line that refers to the modem:

ro.with.h380=true

The built-in modem is a Fibocomm H380-A50.

sue
    Participant

Hi GnatGoSplat,

I will let Andrea know when she gets back.

Thank you.

I do know that she is very happy with the Tablet so she will probably want to add that and see if it works.that would mean she has one less thing to cart when they go away.

Regards Sue

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

Sorry, I made a mistake; I meant to say the built-in modem is an H380-A50 which won’t work in the Western hemisphere. To use this in the Western hemisphere (the Americas), the modem needs to be swapped out with an H380-Q50. Or if she wants to stick with Windows, the modem can be swapped out for any NGFF modem. It just needs to be an H380-Q50 to work with Android.

sue
    Participant

Hi,

We are both in Australia…

Regards sue

GnatGoSplat
    Participant

Ah, good deal, she should be set then!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password