Upgrade to Windows10 – anyone tried it?

Upgrade to Windows10 – anyone tried it?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Upgrade to Windows10 – anyone tried it?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    AB
    Participant

Run the double driver program exe

So it’s a program and not the name of the archive.Ok, got it now.

Thanks

Any news on the activation ?

Timmo
    Participant

If you have a tablet with a legal version of Win 8.1 which is activated you can use the tool to upgrade to Win 10, Win 10 will be automatically activated. It can take some time before its activated, the key is stored in your Microsoft account. After the upgrade you can do a clean install if you like.

As this is the Chuwi Vi10 forum I am assuming that is the device we are discussing and as such they should all have legal versions of windows on them. I think my problem might be that I did an upgrade of w8.1 to the insider version of 10 then did a wipe and clean install from usb removing the android partitions. I will still await activation but its not there yet. Can you expand further on the part about the key being stored in your MS account – can I see this somehow ? As I mentioned once one W10 I ran a tool which showed me the key I was using so I am assuming that was the one that came with the device at 8.1 although I am not 100% sure (should have saved it I know). Also there does not appear to be anything on the packaging or documentation with the windows key on it. Maybe I will contact the seller (Ali Express).

levd
    Participant

If you login to your MS account you can find your currently registered devices and OS versions activated. If you had a activated Win 8.1 and did the upgrade to Win 10 you should be good, if you did a clean install i dont think the key is stored on your MS account.

So if you see your device in your MS account it will be ok, your device will be activated, offcourse you will need the right version for Win 10 and thats the Home edition.

Timmo
    Participant

Thanks for that – under devices there are 2 there for this tablet  the first has the insider version  Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16397)  and the second  has Windows 10 Core (10.0.10130.0). I didn’t go to any other insider version so not sure why Home is not there. There is no entry for W8.1 though, I dont recall but I guess I may not have signed in with my ms account on that one. I’m a bit confused now.

levd
    Participant

I think your insider is the 10130 and the final build is 10240. Windows 10 10.0.10240.16397 core = home edition i think. So if your tablet is on the MS website with this version login to your MS account on the tablet and it will be activated sooner or later.

AB
    Participant

After updating and installing all the drivers the gestures on the mouse pad don’t work anymore.

Any help with that ?

Sander Cornelissen
    Participant

I’m also one of the happy owners of a Chuwi vi10 but with 64GB. I have an issue with a clean install of Windows 10, when I use the Double driver restore Windows will not boot anymore. If I install all except the I2C driver then it works, but Touch screen and more doesn’t work then. I did follow the steps as described earlier in this thread. Windows stays hanging on the Windows boot logo. After serveral poweroff/poweron Windows go in recovery and I’m able to enter Safe mode. In the event viewer it shows something about a driver not responding. After setting the I2C drivers (actually there are 5 or 6 of them) back to it’s original I2C Atom driver Windows can boot again (but as noted before without some other devices and there ar green signs before the I2C devices).

Also does the Intel driver update utility not find anythimg. Before I did a clean install of Windows I had made an full dump of the disk (with linux dd), so I can go easy back to original. I’ve already reinstalled Windows 10 a few times on the tablet and it didn’t change, I’m always stuck on the I2C driver issue. I have also deleted all partitions.

Nathan Stafford-Brown
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was in touch with my seller from AliExpress about the Windows 10 upgrade. I was told to try this link:

http://bbs.chuwi.com/thread-960-1-1.html

From what I can see it is the same file for the Hi8 upgrade but was told to try it and see if it works.

Not sure if anyone else has used this method for upgrading but thought it was worth mentioning that a supplier has told me to try it for the Vi10. (In case anyone was waiting for a go ahead to try this method on the Vi10).

I may try it now that I have re-flashed Windows 8.1 🙂

Nathan

Becky Ledlow
    Participant

Hello. I am having a huge issue with my Chui Vi10 I recently updated to the windows 10. Before the upgrade I was not having any issues, now um I am not able to get on the windows part at all. It comes on then goes to the windows logo, then says rebooting to the previous version, then pops up with a flash of a bios screen or something then turns off and does the same thing over and over and over again. GRRRR. I have put on a flash drive the windows 8.1 x32, but I can not figure out how to get it to read the USB. Please someone help. I have down loaded the double drivers from here, but still lost on what the heck to do. Can someone please give me some assistance. Thank you for all your help in advance.

Jaro
    Participant

Hi,

I just upgraded Chuwi Vi10 dual 32GB to Windows 10 and everything works excellent! Touch screen, orientation detection and also OS switching works well. The upgrade was very simple (you need internet connection):

1. Reset to factory defaults or uninstall/delete/disc cleanup everything including %temp% folder. Leave only InsydeQ2S application in Windows 8.1 installed programs. You really need all available HDD space during upgrade, I had situations when there was only 500MB of free space on C: drive and I really had nothing installed.

2. Have another drive wihth 9 GB free space (ideally inserted microSD card).

3. Download 32-bit version of Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10), run it and select Upgrade this PC.

4. Be extremely pationed. Checking for updates done by this application took hours and seemed stuck at 93% (I left it owernight to finish) and also installtion is quite slow due to slow eMMC and microSD.

5. Once you are asked what to keep from original installation, make sure to keep also applications, espacially because of InsydeQ2S.

I hope this helps…

niko
    Participant

windows 10 pro work perfect!!!

can i have my dual OS again!?? i mean can install adroid ???

hachi
    Participant

YES i have … I have lost os software switching from win 10-to-android and vice-versa.

In win 10, I have lost screen touch control ………

ANY, suggestions help appreciated. The seller, does not want to know me. I sent an email to chew.com/contact … NOTHING.

Ah well……

money down the drain……

Brian Harkness
    Participant

This  worked for me  on a hunch after about a week of frustration and probably several hours, like 30, and I had a hunch that if I reset the computer completely but did so with it upside down, with the Windows  logo on the frame at the top immediately after the computer rebooted that I could probably fix this.  Make sure your computer is fully charged.   So going to recovery, reset the computer  and ask you to remove everything, you probably need a mouse and keyboard, when it reboots it’s going to ask if you want to wipe the drive or just reinstall windows: just reinstall windows. It will reboot.   This is when you absolutely need to make sure that there is nothing plugged into the computer and that it is upside down. I nestled mine in a chair.  It will go through the recovery process, then probably go back to a blue screen asking you what to do. Leaving the machine upside down, do a hard reset with the power button, then reboot the machine leaving it upside down again.  You will now get the formal reinstall circle from windows. It is essential not to touch the machine and leave it upside down.  At some point around 28%, my tablet actually flipped his orientation to the correct direction but I left it upside down. Once that is finished it will have rebooted And gone to the Windows user set up I left my upside down for this.  Once you recognize that the touchpad is working correctly and you can enter information into the fields easily, you’re good to go.

Regilio Bouma
    Participant

Nice post, I’m not sure about the activation but it’s an issue will see if it activated by itself. I used a Windows Insider build on my and then upgraded to the RTM and it activated this way. Seems only upgrades will activate.

chris your post for windows 10 upgrade chuwi vi10 is dead can i have the drivers? i got a refurbised 64gb model one from igogo and its windows 8 and chinees . i want windows 10 (dont really care about android)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar