USB-C charger specifics

USB-C charger specifics

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum USB-C charger specifics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  grabert 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Myscha Cannon
    Participant

I just got my Cube i9. When I tried using my Nexus 5x usb-c charger with it, it wouldn’t work. Of course, my phone charger uses 5v, whereas the Cube i9 uses 12v, so I’m assuming that is the main limiting factor here. I have been looking on Amazon for a wall charger with native USB-c, and on several forum posts here and XDA the chargers that are being suggested are a little pricey (upwards 40$) and bulky. I have found a few that are smaller, but still output 12v over their USB-C port. Would any charger with that be able to charge the Cube i9? I’m talking about something like this:

https://www.amazon.es/Tecnolog%C3%ADa-Cargador-Tel%C3%A9fonos-Inteligentes-Tabletas/dp/B01FHO97M0/ref=pd_lutyp_simh_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01FHO97M0&pd_rd_r=9QKTS1Q4XF7JX3DMX4N8&pd_rd_w=vc36N&pd_rd_wg=TazND&psc=1&refRID=9QKTS1Q4XF7JX3DMX4N8

This one for example says 9v-12v—1.5A. Would that be enough to charge the cube, even if a little slowly?

Alber
    Participant

I tried with something similar to that charger and it actually charges the tablet, but there are 2 drawbacks:

• The charging speed is quite slow, so if you are using the tablet, the battery consumes faster than what you charge
    • When you charge by USB-C a buzzing sound appears, which is quite annoying

Hope that helps you ūüôā

BoORD_L
    Participant

Better this one: https://www.amazon.it/JoyNano-adattatore-alimentazione-compatibile-MateBook/dp/B01KXGLJFA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480440650&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+c+12+v

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

call me clive
    Participant

When you charge by USB-C a buzzing sound appears, which is quite annoying

I’ve only recently began to explore the option of USB-c charging, but I’ve noticed that the buzzing sound doesn’t happen when the tablet is in sleep mode. But when it is awake it is quite loud.

This is using an USB A to usb C cable from a charger capable of QC 3 (not that it should matter).  The cable is  usb 3.1 and also one of the types that that google engineer has OK:ed.

I would be very interested to know under what circumstances the buzzing do appear. Is usb c- to c any better? Also why would it matter whether it is awake or not.

Luqman Halim
    Participant

hey guys i wonder if this Tronsmart W2DT http://www.tronsmart.com/products/tronsmart-w2dt-48w-usb-pd-wall-charger-with-quick-charge-3-0

can charger cube i9 usb c port just fine without problem? thx

grabert
    Participant

recently bought a xiaomi 45w type c charger .works well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password