USB C Hub with pass through charging?

USB C Hub with pass through charging?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate USB C Hub with pass through charging?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hans Sprungfeld 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Someone
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking for a USB C hub for my Cube iWork 10 ultimate, unfortunately this tablet chargers through this port, so I am wondering if anyone was able to find a usb hub that was capable of charging my tablet as well. I noticed that there is some kind of standard/specification for charching passthrough called USB-IF Power Delivery R2 v1.0, which is used with this hub, I suppose that this tablet doesn’t support that. Are there any alternatives? I rather not use the micro usb port, as it’s only 2.0, I want to use a USB to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter such as this together with some other peripherals.

Thanks in Advance.

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

Hi, why don’t use the microusb port with UsbOTG and use the USB-C for charge your tablet ?

Someone
    Participant

Hi, why don’t use the microusb port with UsbOTG and use the USB-C for charge your tablet ?

Thanks for your reaction, I meant micro usb instead of “usb b” , which i rather not use since it’s usb 2.0 and I want the 3.0 speeds for the gigabit ethernet and possibly a harddrive for in the future.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

You wont be able to do what you want, because the tablet has no “proper usb c” port. Devices which can be charged while using usb c need to have the USB PD (power delivery) standard, which just works with USB 3.1 + usb c. Also the “usb c port” has no meaning for data other than charging it. If you have the “new” version of the new version, aka 3rd generation, it may work, but I doubt it. Basically meaning: the usb c port on this tablet is a fake port. It has no USB 3.0, nor can you charge + data with it. The tablet has no USB 3.0 port in summary, you wont be able to use a gbit usb adapter with it.

Someone
    Participant

You wont be able to do what you want, because the tablet has no “proper usb c” port. Devices which can be charged while using usb c need to have the USB PD (power delivery) standard, which just works with USB 3.1 + usb c. Also the “usb c port” has no meaning for data other than charging it. If you have the “new” version of the new version, aka 3rd generation, it may work, but I doubt it. Basically meaning: the usb c port on this tablet is a fake port. It has no USB 3.0, nor can you charge + data with it. The tablet has no USB 3.0 port in summary, you wont be able to use a gbit usb adapter with it.

I have no way of phyiscally testing it yet, but there is a proper usb 3.0 device found by the device manager (though I guess its technically possible to make a usb controller reports a fake name or something). I did read upon some forms that this device did indeed not have a proper usb 3.0 port in the beginning, but some people mentioned that later revisions actually do have a fully working usb 3.0 port. But to bad that I can’t charge and use a hub at the same time… making it kinda useless for the long term use.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I have no way of phyiscally testing it yet, but there is a proper usb 3.0 device found by the device manager (though I guess its technically possible to make a usb controller reports a fake name or something). I did read upon some forms that this device did indeed not have a proper usb 3.0 port in the beginning, but some people mentioned that later revisions actually do have a fully working usb 3.0 port. But to bad that I can’t charge and use a hub at the same time… making it kinda useless for the long term use.

*rolls eyes* yes, there is in the device manager, but it’s not wired… like I said, there was/is a newest revision, where they “fixed” the proper wiring, but charging + data still wont work. also, it is not advised to use this tablet on ac/dc while using it, because the charging logic is broken/bad programmed or has a bug, or actually, it cant drain enough power to keep it working. it will literally ruin the battery over time, because it will charge it in a loop between 95-100% while using it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password