USB C PD Charger

USB C PD Charger

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro USB C PD Charger

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wizzard 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JG
    Participant

Could anyone please comment whether this charger would be suitable for the F6 Pro please ? Ideally I want one with a quickcharge 3 port too, hence looking at this item :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delivery-Charging-Nintendo-Klearlook-Cellphones-Black/dp/B07CVDZ2GH/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1539930966&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=usb+c+pd+charger

Thanks!

Olly
    Participant

@JD Yes this one will work well with the F6 Pro. Obviously make sure you use the PD port, so a USB-C to USB-C cable for your laptop.

JG
    Participant

Thanks I bought that one and it works great, charging quickly via USB C PD.

Wizzard
    Participant

How does it work? It is intended to put to wall outlet? I do not see any wall outlet connector. I am quite confused how to charge my F6 Pro using USB when all the USB chargers generate just 5V output.

Olly
    Participant

@roman I think you’re confused.

The USB-C port on the F6 Pro has “PD” compatibility, which stands for Power Delivery. The PD spec allows the device to accept and use power from 3.6v 1.5a all the way up to 20v 5a. The F6 Pro will nominally use 12v at up to 2.5a when charging, via USB-C PD.

The device listed above is a multi-USB charger with a USB-C PD power output. That’s the small USB-C port at the top. Using a USB-C to USB-C cable, this can be connected to the Teclast laptop to charge it instead of the original charger.

There are also more specific USB-C PD only devices, like the following one, which have only one output designed for laptops. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Thinkpad-SA10K34710-SA10M13949-Replacement/dp/B07G43781Q/

Wizzard
    Participant

So our notebook should be able to charge even from some 5V phone charger? I understand PD means power delivery, but it seems that even 2A 5V charger is not enough for the charging or it just does not support the voltage of 5V for charging and requires 12V. So we seem to need some 12V USB charger instead.

(I changed my nick Roman to Wizzard :))

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password