USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion USB device not recognized

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hi everyone,

i just got my Hi8 pro. Looks fine but:

1.  When the cable is plugged in for charging, Windows keeps popping up a notification “USB device not recognized: the last USB device you connectet to this computer malfuncioned, and Windows does not recognize it…”

Well it is charging fortunately, but the notification is very anoying since it is showed every few seconds. I already deinstalled USB controllers in the Device Manager. After that the error stops, but after restart, when the drivers are installed again, the error continues. I also assume that no USB sticks will work at the moment?! I ordered a type-C adapter; i will know more when it arrives.

Does anybody have the same issue? Or an advice how to solve my problem?

2.  My 64gb SanDisk Ultra microSDxc is not working properly. Sometimes Windoes recognizes it, sometimes not (especially after reboot, when the card is already insertet). On the other hand, my 16gb card works fine. Possible that the 64gb card is too large?

Thanks folks!

Alex

Noel
    Participant

Are you saying you’re plugging the tablet into another computer to charge it? I haven’t tried this myself but I’m not surprised that you would get an error when connecting a USB host to another USB host. Typically you would connect a peripheral (printer, USB hub, USB thumb drive ect) to a host… not a host to a host.

Noel
    Participant

But I just tried this an don’t get any messages.

Jonathan
    Participant

I don’t have the Hi8 so I can’t help much, however there may well be some USB OTG settings in the BIOS that are out of whack. Perhaps you and Noel could compare settings?

On the SD card issue, if you’re looking for theories I would guess at a signal quality issue rather than the size of the card. What type of card is the 16GB? What speed is it?

Alex
    Participant

Thanks for your replies!

But well, i do not plug it into another Computer. I just insert the usb type-c into the chuwi, the other end into the (original) adapter and that one into the thing in the wall where the power comes out (:D sorry, i don’t know what’s it called in english). Just like usual charging. And then there comes the error on the hi8pro “USB device not recognized: the last USB device you connectet to this computer malfuncioned, and Windows does not recognize it…”

i kinda got around that problem with 2 unorthodox steps: First, set in settings>devices>usb “notify at problems with plugged in usb-devices” off. Second, you need to set “no sound” in the systemsounds-settings at “new device connection”. This sound kept playing every few seconds when the charging cable is plugged in.

Maybe there is also a problem with the cable? My usb-stick works perfectly and is not recognized as a new device every few seconds. In fact i can live now with it, but still it is kinda weird.

Is your LED on the chuwi also blinking when charging? Or does is lighten continuously?

Ehm the always working 16gb card is a “adata microSDhc 16gb class 10” and the sometimes not working one a Sandisk Ultra 64gb microSDXC class 10, up to 80mb/s. Well, maybe it is also because of the problem with the SD-reader Marco postet in another topic: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/hardware-fix-for-non-working-sd-reader/

Noel
    Participant

Normally when you get those messages it’s due to a bad cable. It may be worth getting a new cable just to be safe. It would suck if the cable was damaged and ended up shorting out and killing the tablet.

When I plug mine in to charge I get a flashing LED and when it is done charging I get a solid LED.

Jonathan
    Participant

As Noel has correctly pointed out the USB problem is not the kind of error you should try to hide or ignore. In extreme cases it could even cause a fire. DO NOT CHARGE THIS TABLET UNATTENDED!

FYI, the 16GB card uses different(more forgiving) signalling system the 64GB one. Do you still get the issues when your tablet is disconnected from the charger?

BTW, if this were my tablet I would be pushing hard for a refund.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar