USB-PD Power Bank for Mix Plus

USB-PD Power Bank for Mix Plus

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus USB-PD Power Bank for Mix Plus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mobby_6kl
    Participant

Hi all, I’m trying to extend the battery life of my Mix+ for long plane trips and such.

At first I tried powering it through the AC jack from a regular USB 2A power bank and a 5V->12V boost converter like this one but it wouldn’t take charge – the red LED would come on for a few second and turn off again. Tried multiple converters and even with my switching bench supply it wouldn’t work. The stock AC adapter is fine though. Has anyone experienced this too? Or is it just something wonky with my unit?

Anyway, the other solution is a USB-PD power bank. But for travelling, I don’t want a giant 28Ah brick that I’ve seen people confirm as working on these forums. Unfortunately most 10Ah models only deliver 12V at most. For example, I’m considering this Blitzwolf P10 which supports the following:

Output TYPE C Output: 5V=3A,9V=2A,12V=1.5A

So, can anyone confirm if the Mix will charge with PD at 12V only? Thanks.

riceart
    Participant

18W from power delivery is too small. You will need at last 24W power output. Preferable 30W.

Levi
    Participant

The Baseus 45W powerbank on aliexpress will work .

riceart
    Participant

The Baseus 45W powerbank on aliexpress will work .

Im not sure if this baseus will work. I have three baseus pd chargers, 30W car charger, 30W and 60W wall chargers and all of them do not want charge Cube mix plus. They only work if i plug them throught dodocool 7in1 hub. I wonder if this powerbank has same issue but i would not risk ordering another baseus.

regards.

mobby_6kl
    Participant

18W from power delivery is too small. You will need at last 24W power output. Preferable 30W.

So you’re like 50% correct. I decided to give it a try anyway when it was on sale on Amazon cheaper than from China.

While it does not charge the tablet, it is detected properly when I plug it in and it does keep the tablet from discharging. Which is really good enough for me, since all I wanted was to extend the battery life. Also this is at maximum TPD/turbo settings, perhaps at 4W or lower settings it could even charge it. I might do some experiments now that I’m quarantined and have nothing better to do šŸ™‚

david
    Participant

deleted

david
    Participant

I might do some experiments now that Iā€™m quarantined and have nothing better to do šŸ™‚

any update on this? i’m also interested on power bank for cubemix

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password