USB Type C powered OTG hub for tablets

USB Type C powered OTG hub for tablets

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion USB Type C powered OTG hub for tablets

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marcus 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Evil E.
    Participant

With the Chuwi Hi8 Pro 8″ tablet being one of the first Chinese tablets to switch to a USB Type C connector for providing power and (OTG) connectivity, I was wondering if anyone in here knows what models of (powered) USB hubs we can use/buy to attach multiple USB devices (mouse, keyboard, flash key, …) to our tablets, and are capable of providing power to the tablet at the same time ???
    Would a simple USB Type C to female microUSB adapter/converter work and allow us to connect our existing USB hubs and gear to the USB Type C equipped tablet, or do we need to buy a new hub altogether ?

@TechTablets : do you have any experience with this already ? Any advice that you can give us that might come in handy ???

Claudio Sosa
    Participant

I want to know , the same question

Marcus
    Participant

Simply connecting microUSB to USB-C Adapter to hub, flashdisk, or other dongle doesn’t work. I have to use a small gadget labeled ‘OTG Micro USB Hub’, powered by charger/powerbank and then connected to USB-C adapter. Then you can connect your usb thingies to the available ports on hub, or even daisychained to other hub to get more usb port.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Evil E.
    Participant

@Marcus : does this OTG Micro USB Hub supply power to both the guest and host devices or only to the guest devices or host device ?

Marcus
    Participant

@Marcus : does this OTG Micro USB Hub supply power to both the guest and host devices or only to the guest devices or host device ?

Hub provided power for both tablet and USB Gadgets, my 2.5 SSD and HDD External disk working simultaneously with logitech wireless keyboard/mice dongle and lamp on the disk keep lit when I remove the hub from tablet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password