Various technical questions to current users

Various technical questions to current users

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Various technical questions to current users

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hi!

After a long wait, I finally received today my brand new tablet and have been checking out for a couple of hours and everything so far seems to be OK.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. I have closed the windows “update service” in Windows so it does not force me to update which can often break things. Is that enough in your experience? Is there some vital reason why I should prefer to activate it again and let it download all updates?
    2. I have a USB audiophile device that uses draws plenty of power from the USB port and is vital for my primary use of the tablet. Is there a way to have an special OTG cable that prevents the tablet’s battery charge to empty too fast? I have one with 2 USB2.0 connector for devices and 1-port that supposedly is used to connect the charging cable so the tablet doesn’t discharge or does discharge at a supposedly much slower rate, but when using this OTG cable with the charger, Windows doesn’t acknowledge it and functions as there is normal battery discharge.
    3. Maybe is there a USB3.0 OTG cable that let me connect my device and keep the charging port free so I can connect to the charger? Which one do you recommend? Can the USB3.0 port provide enough power to my device?
    4. So far I have had only Android tablets and I’m very used to transfer videos and files in high speed when connecting the tablet to my computer, but when I tried that in the tablet (in Windows), nothing happens -I guess both the PC and the tablet are hosts so that’s why-. Is there a windows setting or utility that could let the tablet be recognized in the PC as a guest so I can upload my files to the tablet as usual?
    5. Is there any way to share files among Windows/Android without the use of an external sdcard? -maybe some partition or shared folder or something? If not can it be me made some way? (repartition or something?).
    6. Is necessary or recommended to do any of the procedures on “The big thread of How tos” (thanks Laura BTW) or maybe I just use it only in case of anything going wrong. What do you recommend? (also what is DNX mode? :))
      <h1 class=”gp-entry-title”></h1>

Many thanks for any advice and best regards!

jetfin
    Participant

I have a USB audiophile device that uses draws plenty of power from the USB port and is vital for my primary use of the tablet. Is there a way to have an special OTG cable that prevents the tablet’s battery charge to empty too fast? I have one with 2 USB2.0 connector for devices and 1-port that supposedly is used to connect the charging cable so the tablet doesn’t discharge or does discharge at a supposedly much slower rate, but when using this OTG cable with the charger, Windows doesn’t acknowledge it and functions as there is normal battery discharge.

I think you need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/USB-OTG-Power-Y-Cable/dp/B00H3J0L0A

Maybe is there a USB3.0 OTG cable that let me connect my device and keep the charging port free so I can connect to the charger? Which one do you recommend?

Yes, i’ve been using one i bought at a local Hama store: https://www.hama.com/00015709/hama-usb-30-otg-adapter-cable-micro-plug-a-socket-black-015-m?bySearch=usb%203%20otg#

There exsists also usb 3 OTG Y cable: http://www.dx.com/p/usb-3-0-female-to-micro-usb-3-0-otg-cable-w-adapter-black-20cm-289081#.VytQUx-6y1J

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks jetfin!

The 1st link shown one cable very similar to the one I already have (mine has 2 usb2.0 ports) but in the reviews some people describe the same problem that it does not charge. Is this a cable you have tried? I don’t wanna throw away the money if I already have a cable with the same problem.

The links for the USB3.0 look interesting specially the 1st one (although it doesn’t have a way to buy it). Also have you tried these cables?

You or anyone knows if the USB3.0 on the tablet provides power? I think I saw in the past some comment somewhere saying the USB3.0 port had some kind of power problem?

Thanks!

Andrew
    Participant
    Andrew
    Participant

Forget about the last one. Onw reviewer says “While using the OTG function, the station can’t charge device”

jetfin
    Participant

I’ve only been using the regular usb 3 otg (HAMA).

The usb 3 port on this device supplies 5v power

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

Martin Gorbush
    Participant

USB 3.0 port on this device is rather dissapointing if you want to power some “hungry” devices. My measurements indicates that voltage drop to 4.85V with just 0.25A current drawn. I do not see any possibility to draw 0.9A (as per USB 3.0 specification) from this port. In such case powered USB Hub is required.

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks!

For the input! That’s what I figured, it seems if I want to use that device which is pretty hungry, I’m gonna have to keep the charger connected, a USB3.0 cable as a host which connects to a powered HUB.

Any recommendations for a confirmed good quality charging HUB?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password