[Vi8 Plus] Issues with bluetooth controller

[Vi8 Plus] Issues with bluetooth controller

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi8 Discussion [Vi8 Plus] Issues with bluetooth controller

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi TT community,

I am sorry to copy-paste this topic from another forums (much more focused on gaming), but I am on a desperate search for a solution to the following problem:

Let me explain what I want to achieve and what are the problems I encountered: my basic idea was to build a portable Steam machine for light gaming like Guacamnelee, Grim Fandango Remastered, The swapper, FEZ…. To do that I bought a cheap tablet from China, exactly the CHUWI Vi8 Plus, powered by an Intel Atom. Reviews on the tube suggest that the table is more than capable to run the games I mentioned (here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZZexGQB1gA). I tried myself and the tablet handles guacamelee and FEZ at full speed and a fast game like The Next Penelope with some hiccups, but still playable.
    Then I bought the Ipega 9023 extendable controller and an external 64 gigs microSD to create the Frankenstein creature of gaming handhelds. But then something has gone wrong and I cant figure out to fix it.
    Some facts:
    1) With Android tablet and phone the controller work like a charm, pairing it in game mode (HOME + X) and I am having some fun playing Wayward Soul;
    2) the controller has been tested on a desktop PC with external Bluetooth 2.0 dongle, and it is proper recognized in game mode, with full functional analogue sticks;
    3) pairing with the CHUWI tablet in keyboard mode (HOME + A), it is recognized as a keyboard with multimedia key, working without problems. However this mode doesn’t allow the use of analogue sticks and more important is not compatible with x360ce (xbox controller emulator).

And now the conundrum:
    when I pair the controller in game mode to chuwi tablet, the system has a heavy workload, a CPU usage that varies from 30 to 50%, visibile in system interrupts voice in the activity manager. No other activity contributes to that. This makes any game very choppy and unplayable. Furthermore, trying to fix things by myself, the controller has broken, showing no more analogue sticks or buttons in gamepad test. Please take a look at the attached pic.
    Please notice that the controller is still full functional under desktop pc and Android.
    So the problem seems to be the Bluetooth adapter, at least for high memory usage, but I fear that the missing buttons have no implication with that. That has been proved with an external bluetooth dongle connected to tablet: the CPU usage is low, but the controller still shows broken commands.
    There is no way to uninstall or update the BT driver, since it comes with the installed windows 10. On CHUWI forum, someone has posted a file containing dumped drivers for the tablets, but even pointing to these files, windows tells me the driver is up-to-date and no action is required. The only solution is to fresh install windows, but this is not so easy, due to the obscure nature of the internal components of the tablet (people complaining about no touch, no wifi after doing a fresh install).

I hope that someone here could help, at least to find a starting point to understand the nature of the problem ”

Thank you for reading and to TT staff, keep your great job alive !

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar