w10 creators update threat "hacktool win32/wpakill"

w10 creators update threat "hacktool win32/wpakill"

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum w10 creators update threat "hacktool win32/wpakill"

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mele
    Participant

Btw,  do we have windows licence key somewhere else than in Windows itself?  In chuwi packet or inside manual?

Hananias
    Participant

Not that I know of. I believe it is saved in the Bios.

So all you need to do when reinstall the OS is to make sure you use the Activated Windows version. Which in my case (and all single boot Chuwi Tablets) is “Windows 10 Home 64 Bit”.

Bob
    Participant

Did a complete fresh install from a Microsoft install media (not an image from Chuwi), and had no issues whatsoever.

Installed the OS, then the Chuwi drivers from the driver pack hosted on the download section of this site, and the new install was fully activated upon completion without entering a key etc. It is not shipped with a hacked license.

Hananias
    Participant

Glad to hear that. I might just have to reinstall when I have time, or if some problems comes up with the activation. So far I have quarantined the threat, we will see how it goes.

Thanks you all for your comments, I do feel a little better about Chuwi.

Daniel
    Participant

You gotta be kidding me… CHUWI is using an illegal Hacked Windows Copy???!!!! What can I do about this? Should I take this up to Chuwi directly? or to the supplier (GearBest)? If Windows were to judge that my Tablet indeed does have an illegal copy of Windows, and block future updates to me… What can I do?

As far as I know, Chuwi is an official collaborator of Microsoft, so little chance that they use hacked windows.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password