What Rom for C5J6 And How To Root?

What Rom for C5J6 And How To Root?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot What Rom for C5J6 And How To Root?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alec Cowan
    Participant

Hi I just got a Teclast x98 Air 3g (Dual Boot), and its a C5J6 Model. It appears to be working just fine, windows works and android works, the partitions are fine for me. But I really want to Root The android side of it. I understand I will probably need to flash another rom to achieve root (as I couldn’t get Kingo Root or iRoot To work), and I have done this on numerous android devices, with varying complexity. But because of the little information about this device I am kind of lost on where to start. I also noticed there is a Lollipop Rom available for this model. Ideally I would like to be running a rooted Android 5.0 Lollipop however I would also settle for Android 4.4.4 KitKat. I am just a bit confused about what rom I should be flashing, and what I actually need to do to flash it, and how to achieve root afterwards (an already rooted rom would be great). I have no desire to change the bios or windows part of the tablet.

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

I dont think you need you to flash a new rom.. Whats the error when you use kingo ?

Alec Cowan
    Participant

Ok, I managed to flash the Mirek190 3.1 Rom, which came pre-rooted and it seems pretty good. The only real problem i’ve had is upside down back camera, and that’s fine as I don’t intend to use it much, and it works fine in windows. I also tried flashing the lollipop rom but couldn’t get it to work. I guess it would probably be best to wait for a custom Lollipop rom before updating anyway. I wasn’t getting an error before, it said successful and it installed all the software it just didn’t actually root. I tried it with a bunch of applications, they all did the same, before re-flashing.

Oguz Kekec
    Participant

Strange. But if its working now, and you happy, then yeah job complete 🙂

vidyasagar
    Participant

Hi
    I just got c5j6 model. I agree much with Alec. I just did simple steps like force stop/uninstall Chinese apps, customized with Google and buzz launcher. My eMMC is 64gb showing 15gb available in 4.4.4 and 33gb in win 8.1. I am just keepingm fingers crossed until 5.0 lollipop to arrive. I have Elephone p6000 awaiting lollipop. Air 3g is not having encryption feature. Any help to encrypt?
    Thanks you guys,
    Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar