Which build of firefox? (if any)

Which build of firefox? (if any)

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Which build of firefox? (if any)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norg
    Participant

I’m trying the stock 64bit firefox browser off the Mozilla website and it seems to lag a bit on my tablet. Is anyone else having these lag problems?

Second question, is anyone using an alternative build of firefox that works better on these tablets? (Firefox based browsers are ok too)

Thanks.

Divergent Droid
    Participant

I am using IMO the best version of Firefox called ” Light Firefox” found here at SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/ This is a scaled down Firefox. The company says, ” A light browser based on Mozilla source code. Many components are slimmed down. So it can start faster and use less memory. By default, Light can run along with firefox. Both x86 and x64 builds are available.”  It can do all extensions and addons. You may have to install Flash before you view youtube.

I also  use the best version of Chrome called SlimJet by the folks who made the popular SlimBoat browser years ago. SlimJet bills itself as the “Fastest browser on Earth” and it is very fast. It’s also scaled down, based on Chromium not Google Chrome. SlimJet is designed for security and anti spying. It has lots o tools built in so websites can not track you. It won’t unlike Chrome send all of your data to Google. This keep you from having to install a lot of 3rd party extensions for security. Also has a built in ad blocker. SlimJet is also loaded with tons of features most browsers do not have suggested by the community. SlimJet also lets you use all Google Chrome extensions, add-ons and anything you can get through the Google Web Store such as google apps all work with Slimjet as if it were Google Chrome.

I suggest if you use Light Firefox to go ahead and fill it with anti tracking anti spy tools of your choice. These are the only browsers I will use for speed and security. Hope this helps.

Chunk
    Participant

Try firefox nightly. it uses a new method called e10 / multi processes, for smoother experience.

Just make sure your windows accessibility features are turned off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar