who has issues with this tablet

who has issues with this tablet

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate who has issues with this tablet

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lucien Moerkamp 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

J
    Participant

Hi all, I’m thinking of getting this tablet or possibly the xiaomi mi pad 2. This tablet is cheaper than the xiaomi pad, and has more RAM, an SD card slow and HDMI though. I was just a little more concerned about the quality of this tablet. I guess this is a bit of a poll for people thinking of buying it! Are there any common issues with it? Do most people find it ok?

There are a few common issues that Chinese tablets often get, e.g. Poor Wi-Fi range, Wi-Fi instability, tablet instability, lag, poor battery life. Is this all ok?

Thanks a lot.

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

I have it for a few days (Type C version) and only negative so far is the weight and the low sound. Still, these are not too bad and everything else seems to be all great! Even charging time seems to be solved with Type C. I charged it to 100% in 3 or 4 hours with a normal tablet charger I had at the house. MicroSD also recognized at first. Fast and responsive, seems much faster than Teclast X98 Plus, even with Mirek’s rom. Also, battery seems to hold pretty fine. Around 5 hours SOT, but mostly streaming movies and series, so I guess it could get to 6h30 o 7h00 SOT if watching movies from the microsd card.

J
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply! I’d the Wi-Fi range ok? Does the Wi-Fi drop?

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Wi-fi seems pretty good. Stable and without drops, so far.

ScutMonkey
    Participant

My wifi reliability completely depends on where I’m at.  I have two home wifi routers – basement and 2nd floor – which it has trouble with staying connected to.  However, it works great with our professional APs at work.  I tend to buy cheap home routers at home because almost everything is wired, so I’m tempted to blame it on my routers and not the tablet.

I’ve also noticed that you CANNOT use a cheap Type-C cable to charge it.  If you do, it will charge very, very slowly.  Again, this is a problem with cheap type-c cables (I’ve seen complaints all over Amazon about this) and not the tablet.

George Salt
    Participant

+1 for avoiding the cheap USB C cables, and the one that comes with the tablet is very poor quality.

The touchpad gesture problems can be solved by the AutoHotKey fix described in a recent thread, once the pinch-zoom and swipe-in gestures are disabled browsing is a far more pleasant experience.

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Regarding the cable, I do use a Type C cable I had bought from Amazon and not the one that comes with the tablet. Actually, the one that comes with the tablet seemed to have trouble staying connected, so I didn’t even tried to charge with it…

Regarding battery life, on my first cycle, Screeen On Time was 5h18, from 100% to 2%. Mostly regular discharge, with around 2 to 3% on stand-by during the night (7 hours). My use was mostly streaming video and browsing and exclusively on Android

TWICE
    Participant

I received my iWork 10. Able to charge up to 5.2V 2.1A using the included Type C cable with my Anker 60W charger. Only problem i’m having now is on the Android side with YouTube only playing up to 480p videos.

J
    Participant

Many thanks for your responses everyone, I have ordered this tablet!

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Youtube App in Android plays up to 1080p. I tried it and it is working without issues.

Steinar
    Participant

Youtube App in Android plays up to 1080p. I tried it and it is working without issues.

I have some problems with the youtube-app in android as well, and here are my observations:
    1: It works up to 1080p if the video are encoded in 30fps.
    2: It will only show max 480p if the 720p or 1080p are encoded in 60fps.

Any fixes for this?

Jake
    Participant

mine is first batch single os win 10

after retune win10, it works flawlessly,

after 1 month i bought cdk-05 keybord

after 2 months i bought cep-02

active pen

now it work like a charm,

I used it in reviewing academic papers.

expected working life around 2 year ++. or until new version with the similar cost effective release.

two ploblem i faced in the 1 st month.

-fix bosh accelerometer alert

-fix touch screen dead after reset the system

which both can be done using information ib this bbs

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Can someone confirm the rev2 with usb-c is just usb 2.0 instead of usb 3.0 like rev1 has?

Lucien Moerkamp
    Participant

Hi,

Just have this tablet for 2 days. I’ve the c-type that came with a usb3 adapter (guess so as its a blue one). Worked great thje first day, but now the screen started to react on its own and clicking automatically on certain spots, a totally disaster. It’s doin this in android as in windows?!?! Maybe it the screen protector that came with it? Someone else who has this strange behaviour?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I have this multi/self-clicking issue on my Dell Venue 8 Pro when I have the charger connected and have it laid down on my bed or hold it in one hand. Do you have this issue without charging too? If it’s just while charger connected maybe try buying another cable, but make sure it’s one of these: https://usbccompliant.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password