Wifi and Bluetooth conflict

Wifi and Bluetooth conflict

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Wifi and Bluetooth conflict

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rene.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Clive
    Participant

<!–more–>So, after a month of waiting finally received my Hi12 – I’m in the UK…

Quite impressed with the device and I’m looking to pick up the keyboard dock as soon as possible once a seller confirms they have stock.

In the interim I’m using a Bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse combo.  I’ve noticed that with Bluetooth enabled wifi connection speeds are severely reduced – looking around the forum I think this has been observed on other devices.  In terms of download speeds, with Bluetooth off, when I am in the same room as the wireless router I’m seeing on average about 18mbs – this drops to about 12mbs as I wander around the house which is to be expected.  With Bluetooth on, in the same room as the router, I get 2mbs and this drops to less than 1mbs as I switch rooms – sometimes the speed test fails in this scenario.

Just me or are other folks seeing the same?

BoORD_L
    Participant

i’ve got this issue on TECLAST X98 air 3G and AIR II.

Wireless AC only doen’t conflict with bluetooth.

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Clive
    Participant

It may have been your post i came across when researching the problem – my router only supports 2.4ghz so I am contacting my provider to see if they will upgrade my router to dual band and see if wifi @ 5ghz will resolve the problem.  It’s not a major issue as I will be getting the keyboard dock.

i think the plan for this hi12 is to pass it onto my wife to replace her laptop which is a decent spec but the fan is a problem in terms of noise.

The tablet market moves so quick in China and I’ve already seen a couple of other devices I like the look of which have the core m processors (fanless is the future!) and 8gb ram is enticing…

Thanks again for the quick reply 🙂

BoORD_L
    Participant

Wireless AC requires specific HW. A firmware can’t solve your issue.

Anyway the problem would persist because CHUWI HI12 dosn’t support WIRELESS AC (5Ghz band)

you could solve this issue with a workaround; if your WIFI router support 5Ghz band you could use a wireless usb pen on your tablet

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Clive
    Participant

The wif I usb was the route I was looking to take – thanks again…

Anonymous
    Inactive

It makes sense that wifi is slower with bluetooth enabled(especially with some devices connected). The Realtek 8723BS is probably is very simple and cheap chip with only 1 antenna. Bluetooth and Wifi will have to share that same antenna. Since it’s a cheap chip, my best guess is that this chip does something timeslot based. So if you enable bluetooth you are going to see speed drops on WiFi because some time slots are for wifi and some for bluetooth. The more expensive tablets with AC probably have a better chip(also faster) and multiple antenna’s(for 2.4 and 5Ghz) which results in better wifi speeds.

I guess all the tablets with the 8723BS have this as BoORD_L confirmed. (unless someone can unconfirm this)

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

I did a lot of research and found that this issue also happened to Microsoft surface devices along with many other brand names like Samsung, Lenovo and Asus. I’m convinced this is a windows 10 issue.

I plan to fix it with the original keyboard!

Rene
    Participant

Meh, WiFi on this hi12 is rather slow. Never better than 18Mbit down from my two routers I’ve tested. I’ll try to see if an antenna mod can speed it up..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar