Wifi Issues

Wifi Issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hans Sprungfeld 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Robert H
    Participant

I’ve had my iwork 10 for about 2 months.  Loved it when it showed up.  Bought the keyboard with it and really happy I did.  Problem is the last two weeks I have been having Wifi problems.  Tried it on serveral different networks so it’s not an issue outside of this tablet.  Two things happen, either it shows no networks at all or it is very very slow. Almost no connection at all.  Example on my home network my phone will be next to the laptop, it gets 80 Mbps download.  The iwork just started at 5 Mbps and within two seconds was at .002 Mbps.  Gets really annoying that I can’t even surf web pages now.  This is all happening on Android.  On Windows I have the same type of issues but I stay around 1-2 Mbps so still no real speed.

Open to any suggestions.  Thank you.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Both under Android and Windows? If so, it’s a hardware failure I guess, unfortunately.

Robert H
    Participant

Wonder why Windows works better then the android. Just did another speed test 9 Mbps on Windows but .002 Mbps on Android.

J
    Participant

Previous Chinese tablets I’ve used have had issues with inadequate or disconnected internal Wi-Fi aerials. This could be the issue. I haven’t opened my tablet up to find out, but I just experience poor Wi-Fi range.

J
    Participant

I got annoyed with my poor wifi range and decided to open my tablet up. It now works perfectly, but I’m not really sure why, or what I did that fixed it. I removed and repositioned some shielding tape, I disconnected and subsequently reconnected the tiny coaxial cable that connects the wifi aerial to the mainboard. Either of these things could have fixed it I suppose.

If you want to have a go at fixing it, I would recommend trying this out. A few tips..

To open the tablet, first unplug it, turn it off and definitely make sure you remove the microSD card. you need to use a plastic prying tool and insert it between the front part of the case and the back part. Dont try and pry the screen off from the front like I tried doing initially (fail..), you are aiming for an area around the edge of the tablet. Start with the top part and slide the tool round the tablet to unclip the clips. Careful when you get the speaker part, as the little metal grates that cover the speaker are fragile (one of mine seems to have fallen out when putting the case together too..). At the bottom of the mainboard, you should see a tiny chip with “rtl8723bs” written on it with tiny letters. Adjacent to this you should see a coaxial wire attached the mainboard with a tiny plug. The wide runs up under some tape the top part of the mainboard and connects to the aerial. Make sure that everything is connected properly.. There are two strips of metallic tape running parallel (along the top and bottom of the tablet). I repositioned the top tape. I unplugged the coaxial cable by hand using finger nails. I’d recommend earthing yourself too before the tablet is opened. I use an antistatic wrist strap.

Obligatory disclaimer: Obviously no warranty, follow my advice and break your tablet — its on you, not me! I take no responsibility.

Robert H
    Participant

Appreciate the advice.  If I get mad enough at it I may try your tip.  Worked on computer plenty of times, never tried a tablet.  Doesn’t sound too hard.

J
    Participant

My fix was more by luck than judgement.. The tablet doesn’t have any ribbon cables connecting both halves of the case together or anything like that so it’s a fairly safe procedure

Luigi
    Participant

have anybody solved the Problem?

I think th problem is the Realtek RTL8723BS  WIFI/BT Driver Package.

for exambel, the Teclast X98 Air 3G have also the Realtek RTL8723BS installed, and many users gets Problems with the WIFI, then they use an BT Mouse or Keyboard, the WIFI Traffic speed drops down.

The solution on the Teclast X98 was, to install the DELL V8 Driver. (Teclast X98 is an 32Bit System) We have an 64Bit System, so the Driver does not work on our Systems.

temporary i solved the WIFI /BT Problem

i use now the WIFI Router on Channel 1 and not Channel13.  Now i do not have any speed drops during surfing then i use an BT Mouse.

Mickeyaaaa
    Participant

This fixed it for me (windows): Full shutdown, DO NOT CHOOSE RESTART, that wont fix it. full shutdown, then wait a minute, then power button….wifi icon appeared in taskbar after this.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Did you try the registry hack mentioned several times on here and other forums? It worked for me:

The process is short as all you need to do is to change a registry key at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\000X

(X may be one of 0 / 1 / 2 … )

Search for and change the value of bLeisurePs from 2 to 0.

Then disable and re-enable the wireless interface in Device Manager.

The above numer can be different for you just look through and identify the correct one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password