Win10 reset fail – prepping to sell, what is easiest way to remove personal info

Win10 reset fail – prepping to sell, what is easiest way to remove personal info

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Win10 reset fail – prepping to sell, what is easiest way to remove personal info

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hans Sprungfeld 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mickeyaaaa
    Participant

I did search the posts here couldnt find an answer, hoping someone will be kind enough. i just want to reset to factory fresh.

windows reset failed, thankfully it rolled back to my existing install. I may have removed windows.old in the past to make more space…maybe thats why im having this problem?

Do i need to create a recovery flash drive and reinstall? i just want to remove my personal info so i can sell it (upgraded to something with a core-m cpu)

Mickeyaaaa
    Participant

Update, managed to make another “admin” user, then log out and delete my personal account….wow microsoft really makes it difficult to sign in without any personal data, but its possible. deleted everything personal i could find…i know if some egghead went into the drive with an undelete program he could probably find some personal stuff but i’m not too worried.

Chris Clayton
    Participant

When you say ‘deleted’ do you mean standard deletion, or a security wipe (‘destroy’, ‘bleach’, ‘make unrecoverable’.) This makes data (almost) impossible to recover by repeatedly (up to 7 or 9 times) saving data (such as zeros) to the ‘apparently’ empty space on a drive. Online there are many free tools which include this option, such as CCleaner, BleachBit, Wise Disk Care and more.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Just format and recover to default image via the Intel tools…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password