Windows 10

Windows 10

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hugo Martins 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hugo Martins
    Participant

Does anyone with the Vi10 with the dual system tried to upgrade to Windows 10 via windows update? If so… worked? Can you still go to the Android OS?

Chris Wedel
    Participant

Hi,

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I have installed Win10 and been able to switch to Android and back, but it’s not an easy process. After installing Win10 and then the OS switch software, getting to Android is fine. Getting back is another story. If you just select the OS switch in Android it will load you into Win10 but once it loads it will start boot looping. So the only way I have found to get around this is to once you get into Win10 for the first time (or just before you decide to go to OS switch to Android) create a create a system restore point. Ok, so once you start loading up to Win10 boot into the boot screen (holding down the Volume Up). Now I had to install Win10 from a USB stick, so that needs to be in the USB port so that you can select it as the boot option. Once it loads up the USB stick Win10 you’ll select repair and then Troubleshoot, then System Restore. There are other options that look like they should work from the menu but none did for me. Once you do the system restore you should load into Win10 fine. So long story long, yes you can but it sucks. I’m trying to get back to Win 8.1 until a smoother/more simple option is avaialale.</span>

Hugo Martins
    Participant

Well its strange because after upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Update all works fine… I can switch between Android to Windows, and vice versa, without problems using the switching software.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password