Windows wifi problem

Windows wifi problem

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Windows wifi problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dom
    Participant

I also got my chuwi hi12 this week. I already did the bios update and reinstalled windows and did a factory reset of android and i put ram to 1600mhz. Everything works finde so far except WiFi speed in windows. It soooo slow… 300kbits maximum.

Is there a solution? Maybe a new realtek driver?

Thanks in advance!!!

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

It shouldn’t be the driver as you will be using the same driver as others. Mine is running at 10 Mbps or max for my current router. Try closer to your router to see if it’s signal strength related.

Dom
    Participant

I will try later today. Android gets about 2mb per second almost 10 times faster than windows at same distance. So its definetly sth software related.

Did anybody try an antenna mod?

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Did you turn your bluetooth on? Using it will kill your internet speed. Get a USB WiFi adapter.

Dom
    Participant

No i turned it of.

What kind of wifi security do you use? Ive got wpa2 maybe that kills some bamdwith in windows.

I one had a umi phone that has also been very picky with wifi security. Only wep has been working.

Dom
    Participant

it is getting better when i stand 1m away from ther router. but thats not an option. it works fine in android even 10m away from the router. but as soon as i switch to windows the bandwith is at 200kbits.

so there is definetly a difference how android handles the wifi and how windows does.

btw: both system show full signal strength!

Which is the lässt wifi driver and were do i get  it from? Is it save to update this driver via Windows update?

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Get an USB adapter. I did it and it’s working really fast!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password