Windows won't activate. Pls help !!!

Windows won't activate. Pls help !!!

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Windows won't activate. Pls help !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Daimeow
    Participant

Hi all

I used the recovery function and it bricked. Then I used the ROM downloaded here to brought it back to life.

I think this made some adjustments and now Windows won’t activate.

Chris
    Participant

Does it give you an error?

Daimeow
    Participant

Hi Chris

It says activation failed because this device doesn’t have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001

BTW, I don’t know if the tab has ever been activated prior to the flash

Laura
    Participant

eh dude, you screwed up. tablets have an embedded windows key in the bios, if you flash a new bios it will most likely get erased and windows will not find it anymore obviously and won’t activate.

the correct way to do it is to boot up windows, activate it and read the key with a program like jelly bean key finder, save it on a usb drive or piece of paper and only then do the bios flashing.

not much you can do besides buying another key by yourself

Chris
    Participant

eh dude, you screwed up. tablets have an embedded windows key in the bios, if you flash a new bios it will most likely get erased and windows will not find it anymore obviously and won’t activate. the correct way to do it is to boot up windows, activate it and read the key with a program like jelly bean key finder, save it on a usb drive or piece of paper and only then do the bios flashing. not much you can do besides buying another key by yourself

I agree, what a shame. Cheapest site I have seen for windows keys is Kinguin.net but I haven’t personally tried it.

Nemix
    Participant

Try this: Windows CD Key Tools

Since Windows 8 and UEFI BIOS’s, CD keys are usually embedded into the BOS itself.

I can’t speak for Chinese tablets though…

Daimeow
    Participant

Thanks guys

Another guy has problem activating too. We think the dealer cloned some machines with all the same keys.

Laura
    Participant

hmm that wouldn’t make much sense. perhaps the seller updated it to dual os for you? that would have erased the windows key…

can you tell us where did you buy it from?

Daimeow
    Participant

Hi guys

I exchanged the tab and this time it has Win 10 Pro on it and the activation is seamless.

The returned was Win 10 Home and it’s kind of strange. What version do you people have?

Now I want to keep the product key in a safe place. Can I just copy down the product key on a piece of paper? Or I must copy the actual UEFI file?

One last thing, I think the ROM posted here is Win 10 Home. Does that mean I cannot use it even if I have the Win 10 Pro key, since they won’t match.

Or can I flash to Win 10 Home –> online upgrade to Win 10 Pro –> and then use the Pro key?

Laura
    Participant

sorry to inform you that that win10 pro is most likely “cracked” with a kms activator… pro is expensive and not given for free (for tablets up to 10″) like the home version. it seems your seller is doing fishy things with the tablets, could you tell us the name? just to avoid it

Daimeow
    Participant

Hi Laura

Sorry for the late reply.

I got my tabs from a physical shop in China. So I guess you guys are safe unless they also have an online shop which I am not aware of.

Regarding my case, since I exchanged once already, I don’t think I will go thru the hassle again … besides, I think I might just end up with another crack key …

Bill Shannon
    Participant

I just received my Cube iWork 10 flagship (dual boot) from Gearbest last week.  It’s a great tablet, but Windows is not activated.  It has Windows 10 Pro installed and was built on March 28th.  Windows is looking for me to change product key or upgrade my edition of Windows.  I put an email into the Cube email service email (no reply as of yet).  Looks like it would cost a lot to buy a new product key.  Any suggestions?

Laura
    Participant

it’s the i15-TL version right? it seems that it’s a low-cost version that comes without a windows license. you should tell gearbest that your windows is not activated and that on their site they explicitly say that original windows 10 software is included. good luck with that…

Alex
    Participant

it’s the i15-TL version right? it seems that it’s a low-cost version that comes without a windows license. you should tell gearbest that your windows is not activated and that on their site they explicitly say that original windows 10 software is included. good luck with that…

I remember you mentioned contacting them – you didn’t manage to get anything out of them? A partial refund maybe?

Laura
    Participant

they like to play dumb…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar