Wlan speed

Wlan speed

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Wlan speed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andreas Egalowski
    Participant

How fast is the wlan speed under windows and android?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Seems good for me, but the range when I’m downstairs and on the other side of the house means I loose about half the throughput. But it is going through a cement wall and floor.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Berend Niels Eissens
    Participant

Hi, wireless speeds almost don’t depend on the NIC , but rather on other variables such as the place of the router/access point, the building materials of the place you are in, ¬†whether you have a “Line of Sight between the access point/router” or the presence of devices such as microwave ovens, DECT phones or other wireless devices utilizing the 2,4 Ghz band.

also a note on the, the ieee 802.11b/g/n standard (a.k.a wifi)

ieee 802.11n has a theoretical throughput of 300 mbps, but has lesser penetration than ieee 802.11g

ieee 802.11bg has a lower theoretical throughput of 54mbps but has way better penetration,

so in a situation where the router/access point is far away. you may have faster WiFi with the ieee 802.11g (54mbps) than the ieee 802.11n(300Mbps) because ieee 802.11g travels better trough materials and thus loses way less throughput

so to put things together, the wifi speed is barely determined by the device itself, but rather by other things

I hope you find this information usefull

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password