Won't power on after shutdown

Won't power on after shutdown

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Won't power on after shutdown

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ruto Inor 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

After shutting down my X98 Pro, it won’t power on anymore. No lights, no logo, nothing. The tablet gets warm when I plug it in for 4-6 hours so I think the battery is charged. These are the things I’ve already tried:

1. Charge the tablet overnight
    2. Press and hold the power button for 3+ minutes
    3. Press and hold the power button and the volume up button for 3+ minutes
    4. Connect it to my computer

Do anyone have any suggestions, including what to check for if I decide to open the tablet? Thanks for any responses

Chris G
    Keymaster

This is what works:

Hold the power button down for 14 seconds. Leave the tablet, plug it in overnight to charge.

In the morning hold the power button for 3 seconds and then keep tapping it again a few times it should power on. If it fails to power on use another power adapter. Let me know if it works. It has for everyone I’ve told so far, apart from some Chuwi Hi8 Pro owners including myself.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chris
    Participant

Yea I had this before and I just sat there tapping away at the power button and it eventually turned on. Since then I updated the bios (and installed mireks rom) and haven’t had this again, only sometimes it wont turn on on first power button press (in this case I keep holing for about 10 seconds let go then press again for 4-5 seconds and it will reliably turn on)

Chris G
    Keymaster

There is a reason they have it like that, it’s to stop accidental powering on the tablet when it’s in a bag or case. Normally you have to hold the power button for 3-4 seconds before it powers on. My Chuwi Hi12 is like that and I prefer it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chris
    Participant

There is a reason they have it like that, it’s to stop accidental powering on the tablet when it’s in a bag or case. Normally you have to hold the power button for 3-4 seconds before it powers on. My Chuwi Hi12 is like that and I prefer it.

Chris while you are here, is there a better 4:3 retina dual boot tablet than this (or 3:2) I do like the device but a little more power would be very welcome. Saw the onda 919 core m3 but after your review no thanks. I would consider surface 3 or pro if I could run all my andorid apps 100%, have you tried AMIDuOS ? it looks promising but I’m not sure about it

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, no the X98 Pro is one of the most powerful 4:3’s not counting the problematic v919 Core M. Emulators don’t run at all well compared to running Android natively.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris
    Participant

Hi, no the X98 Pro is one of the most powerful 4:3’s not counting the problematic v919 Core M. Emulators don’t run at all well compared to running Android natively.

Cool thanks Chris thought that was the case. I did install Rocket league on my pro last night and it actually runs great so it’s not like I need the upgrade just yet. Keeping my eyes out for a dual boot surface pro clone. Thanks for the info on the android emulators.

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks Chris and Chris. I tried both of your suggestions and still see no life in the tablet. Prior to this happening, when I plugged the tablet in to charge, it would display the green battery charging animated icon, then blank the screen. Now when I plug it in, it display nothing on the screen. I will try it with another charger, but I think the original charger is still good.

Any other suggestions?

Andrew
    Participant

No luck charging with other chargers. I will attempt to open the tablet to see if there is anything disconnected, cracked, loose, etc.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to look for?

Someone
    Participant

“This is what works:

Hold the power button down for 14 seconds. Leave the tablet, plug it in overnight to charge.

In the morning hold the power button for 3 seconds and then keep tapping it again a few times it should power on. If it fails to power on use another power adapter. Let me know if it works. It has for everyone I’ve told so far, apart from some Chuwi Hi8 Pro owners including myself.”

Thanks man, it really worked!

Billy K.
    Participant

My X98Pro screen stopped coming on a few months ago and I could not get it to come on at all.  I opened up the tablet and checked all connectors, but couldn’t find anything wrong.  Since then, I had put it aside and gave up, assuming a total write-off, until I saw this thread.  Perhaps someone out there can help me with this.

I know the tablet itself is still working.  Why?  Even though the tablet screen does not come on, if I plug a micro-HDMI cable to it and connect to a monitor, I can see the display on the monitor, driven by the tablet.  Just the tablet screen is not on.  It is, however, a real pain to maneuvre the mouse, not the tablet touch-screen, to get the tablet to complete the boot-up process.

thanks,

Billy

Ruto Inor
    Participant

Here is what works: plug a usb stick with an OTG adapter in your tablet, then power-on as usual. Someone wrote that there is a hardware bug (some voltage regulator). Plugging something to give power to overcomes this problem.

Good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password