X1 Touchpad not working on Windows 10 (i2c hid driver failed to start issue)

X1 Touchpad not working on Windows 10 (i2c hid driver failed to start issue)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series X1 Touchpad not working on Windows 10 (i2c hid driver failed to start issue)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shven
    Participant

Okay, so the basic info. I reinstalled Windows (I’m not a fan of the PC coming with windows configured already since I don’t know what they’d have had installed and related concerns), but I’ve lost the ability to use my touchpad. Not the touchscreen (thank God for that) and not the keyboard itself or usb mice, just the touchpad.

So I’ve been back and forth with Jumper on this issue. The most I’ve gotten out of them is the link to the company dowloads page for the X1 that has the touchscreen driver and a zip folder of all drivers. The zip folder of all drivers does not seem to contain one for the touchpad. I’ve tried everything I can think of in device manager, but it doesn’t show or it gives the I2C HID generic driver error listing the device as unable to start.

From some digging, I know the touchpad is a Hantick 5288. Only… I can’t seem to find an official or generic touchpad driver that can get this to work, nor have I found any direct links to similar Ezbook model touchpad drivers to try.

I don’t want to re-image the laptop with the image on this site because I want a fresh windows install without the bloat and etc.

Any chance there’s an actual, official trackpad/touchpad driver floating around that I can download and get my trackpad running? Or heck, can anyone tell me where in the official jumper driver zip folder the real one is located? Any help would be appreciated!

TL;DR
    Touchpad Driver needed for Jumper EZbook X1

Thymidin
    Participant

Try this (with DriverBackup! )

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Shven
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed response, but while that file was ridiculously useful for other things, the touchpad driver itself gives errors when restoring from driverbackup or when installing manually. “File could not be found” is the issue it gives when installing it. :-/

I can’t thank you enough for the effort you put in though! I’m very appreciative.

Thymidin
    Participant

Could you please try to use pciutils for Windows and do a “lspci -nn” to be sure we have the same touchpad ? I will try to extract it with another technique if it is the same 🙂

carlos
    Participant

I have a problem with my touch screen, maybe someone else has had it happen. My laptop is an ezbook x1, I loaded a new windows 10 and it turns out that the touch of the screen is upside down, that is, if I touch the top of the screen, this receives it as if it were down, the same horizontally, the touches on the left presents them as if they were made to the right. The touchpad works fine, no problems, but when using the touch screen has this drawback. I reinstalled the factory system with a backup image but it is still the same. I also tried Windows 11 and nothing, still the same.
    Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar