X80 Power – Completely Wiped the Internal Memory

X80 Power – Completely Wiped the Internal Memory

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Power – Completely Wiped the Internal Memory

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ibexcentral 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xb 360
    Participant

Hi guys,

Hope you can help to guide me on how to flash back Android and Windows partition.

Due to unable to update Windows 10 Anniversary, I tried one way to another to gain more space for the update. Story cut short, my internal memory now is wiped clean, even without the EFI system partition. Now the tablet can only boot to BIOS.

I think I screwed up big time, it there a way to fix all this?

xb 360
    Participant

Ok, after few days of reading and understanding plus downloading all the firmware plus tools, I manage to flash android with smaller partition thus I have more storage for windows and able to upgrade to anniversary update.

I use android 4gb free space file, thus I have 21gb storage for windows. after flash windows I left with 11gb free space, knowing normal update will take few gb of space I straight away use sd card formatted with windows upgrade tool. After upgrade I have 9gb free space. So far everything worked, I don’t have any issue like sd card not working etc.

I’ll list down the steps here just in case anyone want to flash their tablet. Take note that flashing android partition will wipe everything in the tablet (android and windows).

1. Download the correct firmware for your tablet model revision (android, windows, driver, flash tool, and gpt.bin if plan to change the partition size)

2. Install the driver and flash tool on your computer.

3. Make sure tablet is fully charged, power it off. Connect the cable from computer to tablet.

4. Extract the android firmware to a folder. If the folder have Chinese naming, rename it to all English, otherwise there might be issue when flashing. Replace gpt.bin on the folder with your selection of different partition size gpt if you want to change the the partition size. The file: http://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/gpt.bin-files.rar

5. Run the flash tool program. Hold Vol Up+Down and press power to boot up the tablet. There should be small yellow wordings written dnx fastboot mode beside the logo to indicate the tablet is in state for firmware flashing. The flash tool should indicate that it recognize the tablet is connected to the computer.

6.  On the flash tool, load the file flash.json and put selection to blank. Press the start button and it will start flashing. After finish disconnect cable and power up tablet to load android OS.

Finish steps for flashing android. On to windows.

1. Using Rufus to format a sd card or thumb drive (at least 8gb) as a boot able drive (in setting, not as MBR. It’s GPT or something). Important: the drive must be named as WINPE

2. Copy the rar file content into the sdcard/thumbdrive. The drive now should have 2 files and a lot of folder in its root directory.

3. Tabket must be powered off. Insert the sdcard or connect a self powered USB hub and attach the thumbdrive and keyboard. Power up the tablet and repeatedly pressing the DEL on keyboard to go into BIOS.

4. Select tab Save & Exit, on the Override setting, choose your sdcard/thumbdrive. It will then auto run the program to install Windows.

5. After finish install the tablet will reboot and you can login to windows. If you want to upgrade to anniversary update then don’t let windows to install any update first, instead use a drive created using media tool to upgrade it.

Gates007
    Participant

Hi Xb, thanks for your post.  I am following your steps and is having some success but this one step is unclear to me:

1. Using Rufus to format a sd card or thumb drive (at least 8gb) as a boot able drive (in setting, not as MBR. It’s GPT or something). Important: the drive must be named as WINPE

When I use Rufus, I can not create a bootable drive without linking to an ISO file.  If I choose other options like DD Image, it is not bootable.  Can you clarify?  Does it have to be bootable drive? I seem to have seen other guide to just copy the files into a FAT32 formatted USB drive.  Thanks

ibexcentral
    Participant

Hi,

Great post……I have X80 so 16GB what is the minimum required for Windows 10 image? I want to get the maximum storage for Android but still have Windows 10 with Office 2010 only may be 500mb to 1GB free for Windows?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password