X80 Pro: Can I use Macrium Backup to resize partitions?

X80 Pro: Can I use Macrium Backup to resize partitions?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Pro: Can I use Macrium Backup to resize partitions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bryce Brogan
    Participant

I would like to backup my teclast x80 pro emc disk using Macrium image backup, using the Macrium boot usb.  Macrium allows you to change (increase or decrease) the size (and even the order) of the partitions when they are restored.  I was thinking of using this tool to decrease the size of my Android “data” partition, and increase the size of my Windows partition.  I would leave all the other partitions the same (in same order and in size.)

Would this work?  It would seem to be a pretty easy way to do it.

Thank you for your input.

Bryce Brogan, Calgary, Canada

flopflop
    Participant

Did you get this to work?

TechnoMax
    Participant

I would use a dedicated partition tool.  MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition http://www.minitool.com/partition-manager/partition-wizard-home.html worked well for me several times. Meanwhile I use it more often than my paid partition tools that I still have.

But I am afraid that it will not work that easy: Here is a picture of the many partitions on a Android-Windows device I do not see how the space alloted to Android can easily be added to the Windows partition.

I did it the hard way and removed Android totally. Then of course you really get a bigger Windows.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar