X80 Pro Wifi issues: Teclast's extremely poor WiFi legacy continues

X80 Pro Wifi issues: Teclast's extremely poor WiFi legacy continues

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Pro Wifi issues: Teclast's extremely poor WiFi legacy continues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  esjay 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Menolikey
    Participant

Prior to ordering the new X80 Pro I read about some people having issues with older models and WiFi issues. Well, I’m here to say that the X80 pro continues this unfortunate tradition. I can connect to most WiFi networks, but get “no internet” notification, and then my IP eventually disappears on that wifi network. This is occurring in both android and windows.

The only way I’ve been able to connect to a wifi network was to hotspot my phone and basically place the phone right beside the tablet. Speedtests show about 5Mbps on the upload and download when I am able to finally do this.

I’ve attempted to disable blutooth to see if it was interfering at all (if the internal components are somehow able to do that), and it did not help.

Is there anyone else with an x80 Pro experiencing these issues?

Menolikey
    Participant

Even though I’m having this issue on both Android and Win10 I decided to poke around in Win10 some more.

Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter
    Driver version 3008.28.201.2016

Antenna Diversity [disabled]
    Bandwidth [20_40mhz]
    Multi-Channel Concurrent [disabled]
    Wake on magic packet [disabled]
    Wake on pattern match [enabled]
    wireless Mode [802.11 b/g/n]

When changing the “Wireless Mode” from [802.11 b/g/n] to [802.11 b/g], all wireless networks started working, granted at slower speeds than they should normally. So something to do with the “N” wireless functionality on my device is completely crapping up the WiFi. I’m going to continue investigating but if anyone else with x80 Pros is having similar issues please post here.

Windave
    Participant

I extended the wifi aerial cables inside my X80 Pro and the performance has been much better since!

esjay
    Participant

@Windave : Do you have detailed pictures ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password