X98 Air 3G / Air II Model numbers

X98 Air 3G / Air II Model numbers

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot X98 Air 3G / Air II Model numbers

This topic contains 26 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  David Tapp 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Chris G
    Keymaster

Here are the model numbers and revisions of the Air 3G versions:

X98 Air 3G:
    C6J6 – Android (32G) Camera reversed
    C6J7 – Windows (32G) – Camera reversed
    C7J7 – Dual (32G) – [only 200 units sold]
    C8J6 – Dual (64G)
    C8J7 – Android (32G)
    C9J6 – Dual (64G)
    C9J7 – Dual (32G)
    C9J8 – Dual (32G)
    C5J5 – Dual (32G/64G)
    C5J6 – Dual (64G)

X98 Air II:
    HG5N – Android (32G) – Camera reversed
    HG6N – Windows (32G) – Camera reversed
    HG6M – Android (32G)
    HG7N – Dual (32G)
    HG8N – Dual (32G)
    HG9N – Android (32G)
    HG9M – Dual (64G)

You can flash any model to dual boot with the dual boot bios.

Source: Teclast forums http://bbs.teclast.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=391685

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Jumper EZBook 3 Pro V4, EZbook 3 Plus, 3L Pro & MSI GL62M 7REX (7700HQ & 1050 TI)
    Currently reviewing: Too much to list

Rohan
    Participant

Hi, I have a Teclast Air 3G c8j6 ualboot version.
    Can I Install the Mirek’s 3.0 android ROM without touching the Windows (I want the dual boot to remain ) ?
    If so, then how ? Please, if possible give me a link to the guide, the xda page is crowded , I cannot seem to find what I want.

Thank You.

Chris G
    Keymaster

There is a way, I’ve done it on the 32GB model. But you will need a partition.tbl that doesn’t format or touch the windows side. The Mirek rom might have the partition tablets included with it, I pretty certain it does now.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Jumper EZBook 3 Pro V4, EZbook 3 Plus, 3L Pro & MSI GL62M 7REX (7700HQ & 1050 TI)

Deep Singhal
    Participant

how to see if partition.tbl not touching windows partition while flashing?

CEO | Founder of Softwarelint.com | ATechpoint.com

SangJun Park
    Participant

hi i have C8J6 model(dualboot 64gb). i flashed wrong bios so i can’t turn it on(both android and windows). i think i have to re-install with correct bios but i cant find c8j6’s bios.

Which one is correct bios for me?(at the downloads tab-bios files) actually i have android cellphone now so i dont use android. only thing i need is just Windows with data i saved.

H.M
    Participant

Hi.
    Do You have original (stock) rom for HG6M?

Chris G
    Keymaster

hi i have C8J6 model(dualboot 64gb). i flashed wrong bios so i can’t turn it on(both android and windows). i think i have to re-install with correct bios but i cant find c8j6’s bios.

Which one is correct bios for me?(at the downloads tab-bios files) actually i have android cellphone now so i dont use android. only thing i need is just Windows with data i saved.

This the bios you want, 2.02 bios (Works on C8J7): http://techtablets.com/download/teclast/x98_air_3g/bios_files/X98%20Air%203G%20Flasher%20bios%202.02%20-%20works%20on%20100%20%25%20on%20C5J6,%20C6J6,%20C8J7.rar

I recommend you flash it in Android, even if it means first flashing the Offical V2 rom.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi.
    Do You have original (stock) rom for HG6M?

http://techtablets.com/2015/07/teclast-android-5-0-rom-for-air-ii-v1-02-released/

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

ofer pelled
    Participant

Hi
    I have Air 3g Dual boot 64gb c5j6 and I would like to update the bios to 2.02.
    Can I use the ‘dualboot bios tested C6J6 and C8J7’ flash you have put on site
    or should I use the ‘X98 Air 3G Flasher bios 2.02 – works on 100 % on C5J6, C6J6, C8J7’????

If it is the second, from where do I batch file it, from the tablet itself in windows or from my PC?
    I can’t update the bios from android because I dont have the updateIFWI installed in my android.
    Please help!

Kontor
    Participant

Hello!

I have a Teclast X98 Air 3G (C5J5) Model and have flashed the 2.02Bios:http://techtablets.com/wpfb-file/x98-air-3g-flasher-bios-2-02-works-on-100-on-c5j6-c6j6-c8j7-rar/ (13.3 MiB).Now my Tablet doesn’t boot into Android or Windows.It doesn’t turns on anyway. I think my Tablet is bricked now.

Please could anyone help me? Thanks

Johannes
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve been searching for days now with no clear answer. How do I check witch version i have? For what i know it could be:
    C8J6 – Dual (64G)
    C9J6 – Dual (64G)
    C5J5 – Dual (32G/64G)
    C5J6 – Dual (64G)

I manage to get a bootloop installing Xposed on Android so how do I check the version on win?

Thanks in advance!

Samuel Suther
    Participant

Ok, Chris, thank you for this Answer.

This the bios you want, 2.02 bios (Works on C8J7): http://techtablets.com/download/teclast/x98_air_3g/bios_files/X98%20Air%203G%20Flasher%20bios%202.02%20-%20works%20on%20100%20%25%20on%20C5J6,%20C6J6,%20C8J7.rar I recommend you flash it in Android, even if it means first flashing the Offical V2 rom.

I also have an C8J6 and I doesn’t have any Windows Host PC here (only Linux).

Could you give me a Hint, how can I

1. Flashing the V2 ROM without loosing Win8.1 and without having any Windows Host PC
    2. How exactly to use the File you’re linked (without Windows PC)

Thanks a lots in advance.

interfreak
    Participant

Ummm…it’s written on the back of the tablet in front of the serial number…

Samuel Suther
    Participant

For all who are searching for a Step-By-Step Howto, here some Informations what I did so far:

1) Use a Windows 7 – VirtualBox Guest on Linux and Install IRoot (http://www.mgyun.com/m/en)

2) Set USB-Debug-Mode to your Android-Tablet (About Tablet, Tab Build-Number additional times, Go to Developer-Settings activate USB-Debugging)

3) Connect your Android device and go to VBox to activate USB-Device “Android” (Devices -> USB-Devices->”Android”

4) Run IRoot and click “Re-Root” Button

5) After Rooting, load on http://techtablets.com/teclast-x98-air-3g/downloads/ “X98 Air 3G Flasher Bios 2.02 – Works On 100 % On C5J6, C6J6, C8J7 (13.3 MiB)” [extract it!] and  this FWI-Update-Programm to your Android-Download-Folder (on Teclast device):http://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/UpdateIFWI.txt  (rename it to .apk and install it)

6) Start UpdateFWI and point to the above downloaded BIN-File (X98 Air 3G Flasher Bios 2.02…). This takes nearly 5 Minutes.

7) Reboot and be glad, that you have the new Bios (Press DEL on bootprocess to enter BIOS).

So next thing I’ll try is to upgrade Android to Lollipop.

성욱 서
    Participant

Hi, recently I purchased an X98 Air 3G. The model number is c5j6. I’d like to know if this is the latest version. And I’d also like to know what cxjx means. Does this mean just bios version or difference in some parts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password