x98 Air 3G Random Crash with WiFi on

x98 Air 3G Random Crash with WiFi on

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot x98 Air 3G Random Crash with WiFi on

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

My Teclast x98 AIr 3G just started randomly crashing in the last few months, I bought it about 2 years ago now and it’s worked fine except it has always had an issue with the GPU, unlike my other two Windows tablets (an 8″ Best Buy brand and an 8″ Microcenter brand) which use the same Intel SoC, this tablet would freeze and crash when I tried to do anything slightly GPU intensive like play any PC games or even just watching full screen videos.

It seemed to me that it was overheating and shutting down so I disabled Windows “Connected Standby” which allowed me to configure my Power Options, I would limit my Processor to 99% to prevent Intel’s Turbo Boost and it would last longer without overheating, I found around 70% would stop crashing completely but performance took a major hit with unplayable framerates and even streaming video like Hulu, YouTube or Netflix would start playing back choppy with long (30 second) buffer pauses every 5 minutes or so I put it back to 99% and just told myself “this tablet isn’t for games.”

Fast forward to a few months ago, I noticed my tablet was dying faster and even on the charger so I assumed the battery was going but then I noticed it was dying randomly, anywhere between a couple of minutes to a few hours and sometimes as soon as I signed in with full battery while still plugged in after charging all night however it would not die while on the login screen, I could leave it idle on the sign in or windows repair screen and it would stay on until the battery drained or when plugged in would stay on indefinitely. I thought that was odd so I reinstalled windows and ran a test (playing a movie in full screen on an endless loop) and it ran all the way to a dead battery with no crash. I thought I had fixed it so I began to reinstall my stuff, the very first thing I did was start a download (of Chrome Browser), it immediately crashed. After a few more trail and error tests it looks like it’s my WiFi.

If my WiFi is on it randomly crashed but if I disable it I can run it until the battery dies.

Anyone know what’s going on???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar