x98 plus guide: pwm screen flickering work around !

x98 plus guide: pwm screen flickering work around !

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion x98 plus guide: pwm screen flickering work around !

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tuleggi
    Participant

Hello,

Another guide from me , actually a tweak to solve the very annoying flickering issue with the screen of the x98 tablet with Intel integrated graphics chipset. You can easily detect this if you point the camera of your phone toward the screen.

The reason of the problem is called PWM which is set to only 200hz in our tablets as default. You can find exhaustive explanation of the issue here: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985

And the solution is actually very simple: increase the value of PWM to 4000hz (yes much much more than the default value) with this great open source Windows program: https://github.com/tpurtell/PWM

Now our screen will not flicker anymore, I can set the screen light value to 25% and have the same level of colors contrast, without the need of playing with the brightness control of Intel (that would result in a loss of contrast).

Enjoy your new screen!

David
    Participant

Does anyone know if this reduces the life expectancy of the screen?

tuleggi
    Participant

Does anyone know if this reduces the life expectancy of the screen?

probably, but it will certainly increase the life expectancy of your eyes! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never really noticed any screen flickering, but I’ll give this guide a go, just to test.

Thanks.

edit//

Ahh, reading the info page now. It’s not about visible flickering, it’s about reducing invisible flickering which can cause headache and eye strain.

//edit

Gal
    Participant

Thank you!!

The PWM bugged me for too long.

tuleggi
    Participant

Thank you!!

The PWM bugged me for too long.

you’re welcomed 😉

PS: I actually put now 16000hz, as I read a medical test that was saying that it should be higher of 14000hz to be safe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar