x98 plus II to replace iWork10?

x98 plus II to replace iWork10?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate x98 plus II to replace iWork10?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Siu Lay
    Participant

I get the store to gave me store credit to replace my F(*#$%^& iWork10 with another brand. I am thinking of picking up a x98 plus II instead.
    Anyone have experience with it?

Katagiri
    Participant

I heard its wifi is terrible.

TWICE
    Participant

Thick and ugly bezel. I would go for the cube i7 book or i9 instead.

Katagiri
    Participant

Thick and ugly bezel. I would go for the cube i7 book or i9 instead.

I was considering both but looks like i7 Book gets a little hot and the battery sucks… i9 is a little big, I wanted a 9-10″ screen.

J
    Participant

If you want something reliable that isn’t going to give you grief, i’d probably go with a Samsung tablet to be honest. Or maybe Xiaomi tablets are built to a higher standard i guess

Katagiri
    Participant

If you want something reliable that isn’t going to give you grief, i’d probably go with a Samsung tablet to be honest. Or maybe Xiaomi tablets are built to a higher standard i guess

Yeah, I’m considering a Samsung, the problem that we have just a few models selling at local retailers and no Windows models. Can you believe we don’t have the revised 2016 models with Android 6 yet? And also Samsung is terrible about updates. And the prices here are not fair… a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T815 32GB costs about 748.23USD

J
    Participant

yeah well, the chinese tablets are cheap.. they can manufacture them very cheaply, and skimp on component quality and quality control. you might buy a good model with few issues, or you might buy a dud.. so its a gamble. but the tablets cost a lot less. it also makes it difficult to decide which tablet to buy, as some people are lucky and get a good model and others dont. My iWork10 type C or example works pretty well. When I first got it, the WiFi signal was very weak though but I opened the tablet up and fixed it. Now I have no issues with it: its stable, the RAM can scale up to 1600MHz, the SD card works perfectly. one day it’ll probably break randomly though.

Katagiri
    Participant

I agree, those are the problems with a Chinese tablet… it’s like a lottery… If I buy a major brand tablet locally at least I’ll have professional service if I have any problems.

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

what about teclast tbook 10

Katagiri
    Participant
    TWICE
    Participant

TBH not many selection for 9.7″ windows tablet. Probably only Onda and Teclast but please stay away from Onda. It is disastrous. My V919 Air got bricked when I tried to format it in windows 10(using normal windows format). Even Chris mentioned about their software like spotty WiFi with one of their tablet, the V919 Air CH I believe. I’m also looking for a 9.7″ Windows tablet to replace my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7″ to run some c++ codes when I’m out but can’t seem to find any good ones.

Katagiri
    Participant

Take a look on our “best” local Windows tablet, the original page is in Portuguese but I’m sure the Google Translate version is good enough. https://translate.google.com.br/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fxreview.com.br%2F2015%2F11%2Fpositivo-duo-zx3060-conversivel-com.html&edit-text=&act=url The price is about 417.12 USD, overpriced just like everything here.

The only other Windows tablet we have is Microsoft Surface, the price here is really a no no. We used to have Asus Transformer and some Dell but they are not selling here anymore. Who will buy stuff with price like that when Aliexpress and GearBest are selling overseas?

EDIT: I found that HP is selling the HP Pro x2 612, not the G1, the difference is that it’s not full HD, the Windows is Home version, the SSD is 128 (upgradable) and there are 2 USB ports when G1 has only 1, it’s a bit pricey but less than a half of G1’s price and I think it’s a deal. I can buy a Windows Pro license if I need to as well but I think Home is enough for a tablet. The problem is that HP is selling it as a full business notebook, that’s why I wasn’t finding it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar