X98 Pro Gen 2

X98 Pro Gen 2

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro Gen 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    x98mod
    Participant

I have read somewhere that a new heat spreader film is going to be applied on the X98 pro re-release in late January. It was some company that has a patent, possibly pending. There will be changes I assume, but has there been confirmation of what they are? Clearly there were deal-breakers for some of the devices/users over heat. I did see the pics of the opened x98 Plus, and there were differences in heat dispersion relative to x98, x98 Pro 1st gen.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, this was the X98 Pro+ for the South Korean market. As far as I know the heatsink for the rest of the world remains the same.

I did however, mod my own and lowered temps by 20 degrees! But not for the inexperienced user.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

OW
    Participant

It would be great if the heat spreader changes were released to the rest of the world.  It must be cheaper to produce the single variant!

x98mod
    Participant

I agree, hope Teclast does too. They have more competition than ever. Exactly what was the point of the pre-sale if it was the same overheated tease they shipped in 2015? The “South Korean” version which has the thermal layer may have been a real world test for the product. Again, speculation…but that may explain the shift from a currently released product to be halted, to be released.

Would you send out the same exact product? That is illogical Captain. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar