X98 Pro Review after 4 days of heavy use (Video)

X98 Pro Review after 4 days of heavy use (Video)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro Review after 4 days of heavy use (Video)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve posted this video up in the youtube channel, it’s a quick review of the tablet for those interested without focusing on it’s gaming performance or benchmarks (They are all covered in the playlist). It’s not my final review, but just a review after 4 days of heavy use and my thoughts on the X98 Pro. I’m thinking I might even hold off on my written review and rating until I get the International version. Some of the issues experienced might be due to me loading a Windows 10 image that isn’t the factories one. (Microphone issue for example)

Here’s the vid:

And for those after benchmarks and numbers to compare it to your current tablet, here you go!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8261595?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10195331

My Air 3G windows 10 score: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10195395

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3241411

http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=46090414085

X98 Pro MicroSD card slot speeds

X98 Pro MicroSD card slot speeds

Teclast X98 Pro eMMC benchmark

Teclast X98 Pro eMMC benchmark

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Dirkblaster
    Participant

My Honesty Team international version x98 arrived and I ran disk benchmarks on it, quite different from yours Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kylare
    Participant

My Honesty Team international version x98 arrived and I ran disk benchmarks on it, quite different from yours Chris

Could you test the temperature  benchmark please?

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I’m still hitting the thermal throttling limit, but not game enough to open mine up to mod like Chris 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nowa
    Participant

Does anyone know if Teclast are planning on releasing a cherry based 7.9″ tablet, like a X89 Pro or something?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask…

leasedeb .
    Participant

WOW,this is such a good website, never thought in would find a website with such honest and no bias review / (to me), really good job Chris, hope this website last long long.

Chris G
    Keymaster

WOW,this is such a good website, never thought in would find a website with such honest and no bias review / (to me), really good job Chris, hope this website last long long.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope it lasts to.

—-

I got my X98 Pro Int’l version today, as expected, still a heat issue. It reached 85 degrees running a RE5 benchmark. The good news is the factory image fixed my microphone issues. So i will update the review to reflect this change.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’m still hitting the thermal throttling limit, but not game enough to open mine up to mod like Chris :(

It’s not for everyone and I don’t recommend it unless you have done something like this before because it could kill the tablet doing this.. I did a test today, factory X98 Pro Vs copper heatsink modded and it got 24% higher scores in the Resident Evil 5 benchmark. I’ll have a video up of in soon in the TT YT channel.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Dirkblaster
    Participant

I’ve done some work inside laptops before with replacing components, but nothing like jimmying open tablets and reapplying thermal paste. Am also worried about causing a short or putting too much pressure on the IPS like you mentioned

armand megens
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m also planning to do the thermal mod you did. I bought the following:

• Thermal paste
    • Thermal 1mm pad (a big one)
    • Copper 20x20mm, 1.2mm plate
    • Copper 15x15mm, muliple thickness plates

I think I have everything, but the same as other people here I’ve never done this before. Could you make or point us to a video where it is done? Or maybe a written tutorial? Because I dont want to cause a short, put to much thermal paste on there, or do something stupid.

Thanks!

mf
    Participant

Do you have any photos comparing the size against the Surface 3?

Lamont Johnson
    Participant
    Sergei K
    Participant

Hi Chris!

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your reviews. You manage to cover pretty much every angle in your video(s). Thanks a lot for taking your time doing that.

I hope you know the answer to my question.

I want to buy this tablet <span style=”font-family: Arial;”><span style=”color: #000000;”><span style=”text-decoration: none;”>TECLAST X98 Pro Dual Os</span></span></span>. My question is about future updates for windows operating system. Will they be coming directly from Microsoft (just like on my laptop) or from Teclast or there will be no updates at all? And same question about future updates for Android OS? I have a feeling there will be none (official) for Android but was hoping that since the Windows copy (Teclast is claiming) is genuine, there would be some regular updates directly from Microsoft.
    Thank you,
    Sergei
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password