Xiaomi Notebook Pro Battery drain issues while gaming

Xiaomi Notebook Pro Battery drain issues while gaming

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Xiaomi Notebook Pro Battery drain issues while gaming

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

Hello!

Has anyone else had any battery drain issues while gaming?

I’m running a i7 16GB model, 502 BIOS and the battery is slowly draining while gaming (like a 1% every 10-15 minutes).

I’m using an apple 87W Charger.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

On my i5 model it’s fine I think it stays on A/C, but then I’m not gaming much on it at all only really did it for my reviews. I’ll have to check it again. Are you gaming with overclocks and increased power limits? That could do it, drawing more than the A/C power can keep up with.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Benjamin
    Participant

No overclock, all stock settings. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it got a bit better but still not good…

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility shows Powet throtling as soon as the CPU activates turbo.

Ali Ensar Karagözoğlu
    Participant

I have such a problem, I tried the apple 87W charger but it was worse than the original charger, did you find a solution?

Tanner
    Participant

I also have the i7, 16gb model. Intel XTU is set to 40w. GPU is overclocked to your settings in your review videos, Chis. I haven’t noticed any battery drain while gaming (though I haven’t looked tbh, don’t do too much gaming), but I have noticed power throttling while doing some stress tests, benchmarks, ect. I’m using the 65w charger Xiaomi provided.

Benjamin
    Participant

Update…

I tried with the original Powerbrick and it got better (1% every 30-40 minutes). It is acceptable for now but still it would be nice to see a souliton.

airbites
    Participant

Hi, As the power supply gets hot (as it is a warm summer) it decreases its efficiency and results in a dropping power to the tablet / laptop.

Did you reset the setting or did you bury the power supply plan? Apple products are unstable and often emergency.

felince
    Participant

Hi, I experienced the same phenomenon yesterday and after a little bit of research I found out that this is a common feature of gaming laptops when they can’t draw all the power needed from the power brick and start compensating by taking electricity stored in the battery. Apparently this is not something that can be solved by changing the power brick as by design these machines take electricity up to a limit from the power supply. The amount of discharge will vary depending on the game, as more demanding titles will force the processor and the GPU more requiring more power. This basically means that even if you plug your laptop to the electricity outlet, with demanding games that force your CPU/GPU to take more electricity that they can from the power brick you’ll be killing your battery faster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password