Xiaomi's retarded no storage cards policy

Xiaomi's retarded no storage cards policy

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Xiaomi's retarded no storage cards policy

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  caoliu 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Evil E.
    Participant

The 1 thing that I DEFINITELY DO NOT LIKE about Xiaomi is that they have this RETARDED no-storage-card policy for their mobile phones and also their tablets. So expanding your available storage when you run out of onboard (eMMC or SSD) flash memory is a definite no-go, simply because there is no SDcard or microSD card slot for you to use…

Most users will eventually require files to be moved around due to onboard storage space limitations, so having the ability to transfer files to removable storage media is a rather essential option to have on your device.

For this reason alone I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy Xiaomi devices. I am convinced that Xiaomi misses out on a lot of potential customers because of this extremely stupid business strategy, even if their products are very good quality.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Xiaomi misses out on a lot of potential customers

Definitely, I agree with this statement. The Mi Pad 2 is a great device with an outstanding build quality for the price. But since I got the 16GB version I’ve already run into space issues. It’s stupid the Mi pad has MicroSD and now Xiaomi in general have dropped support for microsd cards, I think they will have to rethink their standing on this.

I should have and would have gotten the 64GB version myself, but it wasn’t in stock at the time. I think it’s a way to force people to buy the 64GB models, since they only have 16GB (Too small) or 64GB.

It’s all just to make more $$$ at the end of the day, no real other reason behind this.

I have 32GB on my Note 5, and it’s annoying I have to remove photos and video from my phone and limit my MP3 collection due to no MicroSD support. I’m going to sell my Note 5 because of this.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

riddle
    Participant

Hii can anybody confirm if mi pad 2 has usb 3.1 type c? in specs they mentioned its usb type c – 1.0 that means its usb 2.0 only!

Evil E.
    Participant

Hii can anybody confirm if mi pad 2 has usb 3.1 type c? in specs they mentioned its usb type c – 1.0 that means its usb 2.0 only!

Thread hijack : start another thread if you want to discuss a different topic, please !!!

Anonymous

I received mine a week or 2 ago – ordered immediately USB c/3 memory! Not expensive and very convenient..

<hr />

OW
    Participant

Agreed on the no SD card slot.  It’s not like with the W10 version they are even able to upsell on a greater amount of memory anyway!

It is a pain and a greater expense to have to consider a USB Type C hub in order to gain (potential) video out and USB in.

caoliu
    Participant

64g is still ok

2gb for win10 64 is a little poor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password