zorin linux on teclast f7

zorin linux on teclast f7

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops zorin linux on teclast f7

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PaulW 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mario
    Participant

Hi folks,

I just installed zorin on my F7.

OMG my teclast  is blazing fast now 🙂

Ive never been a linux user before , always had a windows. Unfortunately even with unlocked power mode F7 was slow and luggish..

Now  Im  using zorin (ubuntu) and it boosted performance to another level, comparing to win 10.

The touchpad still doesnt work, but there is a solution for ubuntu, so Ill try to fix that.

Apart from that its a great system for beginners, I tried mint before on F7 and it was slow, elementary os didnt look good, zorin is a perfect solution, at least for me 🙂

Two YT videos playing simultaneously, couple of other carts and it uses only 50% of CPU, and 30% ram

sipart
    Participant

Good to know.

Which version did you install –  Core, Lite, Ultimate, or Business?

Can you just update the Linux kernel to 4.20 (see other post about it supporting the touch pad natively now).

Cheers

Mario
    Participant

its the lite version,  it has all what I want including Libre office, wine etc.

I didnt try a different kernel yet, Im linux newbie and need to learn a little bit to make some changes, but Ill dig into the system to make it even better.

btw. with 10 YT videos played at once it uses only 55%CPU and 50%RAM – what a speed comparing to the win 10

sipart
    Participant

Thanks for the update

Mario
    Participant

Thanks for the info about 4.20 kernel,

just installed , touchpad works now like a charm

cheers

PaulW
    Participant

Very interesting post – I had never heard of Zorin Linux until your post. You say it is quicker / snappier than Linux Mint – so you got my attentionn as I had planned to run Mint on my (soon to arrive F7 Plus.

BTW where did you get the 4.20 kernel update from?

Thanks 🙂

Mario
    Participant

There were  problems with last versions of mint, apparently it was significantly slower then previous versions http://www.riksoft.it/wikiriks/linux/mint-19-is-slow-mate-xfce

I wanted mint at first, but I wasn’t impressed with the speed at all, maybe it was fixed now by an update or kernel.

You can try to install couple of different linux distros to test it and choose the best one for you.

here is instruction of how to install program called Ukuu – it will installs kernel without hassle, touchpad works straight away

Ukuu – Simple Tool to Install the Latest Kernels in Ubuntu / Linux Mint

pro tip – try Cairo dock, makes linux looks like mac OS

All the best

PaulW
    Participant

Thanks Mario – much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password