BIOS RESET

BIOS RESET

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Asd3r
    Participant

Sorry for the question, was a little fault of you or was it on readonly modus until you began?

Anonymous
    Inactive

But be careful, when doing SPI flash using RPI, because there exist at least one version (which I have) with winbond 25Q64FW, which is only for 1.8V instead 3.3V that uses RPi, so you must use some kind of logical voltage converter, else you will brick a memory.

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

But be careful, when doing SPI flash using RPI, because there exist at least one version (which I have) with winbond 25Q64FW, which is only for 1.8V instead 3.3V that uses RPi, so you must use some kind of logical voltage converter, else you will brick a memory.

Thanks for warning @redim;]

I’ll be trying to replace factory Winbond with new one, already flashed with 608 BIOS (bonus service from seller). It cost me like $5. Another $5 for my friend who has LVL100 in soldering. I will post if it helps in like 4-5 days.

Nicolás
    Participant

I think this Issue with this tablet is very embarrassing to Chuwi. If I´m not getting a solution in one week I will post an article in hacks4geeks.com (my techblog) NOT RECOMMENDING to buy Chuwi products.
    Then I will record a podcast in “hacks4geeks podcast” and record a Video in the hacks4geeks YouTube channel doing the same.
    I bought the tablet in december and is bricked since the third day of use.
    I want my money back!!

Laura
    Participant

Thanks for warning @redim;] I’ll be trying to replace factory Winbond with new one, already flashed with 608 BIOS (bonus service from seller). It cost me like $5. Another $5 for my friend who has LVL100 in soldering. I will post if it helps in like 4-5 days.

how did it go?

sodei
    Participant

I have the same bios
    How to solve the problem please

chuwi hi10

jammet
    Participant

I have the same problem too!

any help?

I bought it from geekbuying.

It’s 64 bit with blue usb3.0 hub.

jammet
    Participant

Nasraul
    Participant

I have same problem pipo w1s… and no solution too..

very dissapoint…

Ignacio Ribbeck
    Participant

I have the same problem with my chuwi vi8 plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYdfo-l9cM

The led of my hub blink at the same time as my processor sounds like a “beep” (not the speaker)

Irokez Petrovic
    Participant

Turn on your tablet, and press ESC frequently.

To enter to BIOS setup menu press right,right,down,enter.

To reset BIOS setup to defaults press left, down, down, down, enter, enter, up, up, up, enter, enter.

I have a Visconte 4u tablet. His BIOS are likely as a Chuwi.

Cheers

Mehrat
    Participant

Hi Guys

I am seeking out forums where this problem lies unsolved, I am creating an account specifically to share the solution as I have struggled myself with this and have not received any help other than having to send the device back to the manufacturers to replace (and losing whatever data was on it), even the company’s technicians can’t give me simple instructions how to reset/clear the corrupted BIOS, their solution was for me to travel to a country where a service Centre exists to have the device replaced under warranty, the ticket alone would be more than double the amount of the device..

Ok enough fluff, lets get to the solution.

First let me clarify, this solution is applicable to resetting/clearing the corrupted/incorrectly set BIOS of a device where no other means exist to allow it to boot (no cmos clear jumper/ no removable cmos battery/ no removable device battery/ no BIOS reset button/ shorting BIOS pins doesn’t clear settings/ USB ports not working with peripheral devices/ display is disabled / device doesn’t boot at all/ no sounds).

I had all of the above problems, two times with identical device models, basically the device is bricked after changing certain BIOS settings, I replaced my first laptop/tablet device within the first month under warranty, after I received my new device I bricked it again accidentally after a week after changing basic video memory settings in the BIOS, I wasn’t in the UAE anymore and couldn’t take it back to the repair Centre and contacting yielded more frustration.

Ok here’s what you do:

Preparation:

– need 1 x usb flash drive -any size
    – Need to know your BIOS name, version etc. ,Google a YouTube video of your device with a bios related theme and note the name of the BIOS if you don’t have the manual. mine was a “InsydeH20”
    – Download your BIOS firmware, i found mine in the YouTube video comment, downloading an unlocking or upgrading BIOS firmware file for your model can also work.
    – Format usb drive Fat32
    – The BIOS firmware you downloaded will be one file like this: “FirmwareName.fd”,
    copy this file to the USB root and rename it exactly to “Bios.fd” (no apostrophes).

Ok now to the solution:

1. Open device, being careful not to break any clips or small ribbon cables.
    2. The device will only be a circuit board with various chips, you won’t see standard things like RAM chips, Hard drives, CMOS batteries or anything removable like with a traditional pc/laptop. (attached is a picture of my motherboard/device inside to illustrate)
    3. Locate the connector that runs from the battery to the motherboard/circuit board, pull it free, it is usually a small flat white connector with 4 pins that can be pulled free, if yours is soldered you’ll have to De-solder it.
    4. Push the connector back in partially, the device should make a clicking noise from the speaker or the LEDs should flash briefly as it comes on for a split second and goes off again. repeat this just for good measure.

Now let’s try the easy solution first, if you power it on but have no display, you can immediately press delete or f2 or whatever key enters BIOS, I had to hold volume up + volume down to enter UEFI BIOS, and from there enter the BIOS, the Chinese hid this BIOS away for a good reason hahahah, you need to have a video of the BIOS or something to navigate it blindly but usually once you think you’re in press the reset BIOS key, usually F9 or something, press enter, and F10 or whatever key saves and resets, if you’re lucky the BIOS should be reset.

None of this worked as I successfully entered my BIOS several times and reset/restarted the device but it still wouldn’t reset, every time you fail clearing the BIOS and the device doesn’t want to boot, repeat step 4. trust me, without doing that first nothing wanted to happen when I tried entering BIOS again.

Ok now for the final solution (short of JTAG recovery/ physically replacing BIOS I guess haha)

5. Place your usb drive in a usb port, as soon as you power on the device you need to hold a specific combination of keys, i would suggest a usb stick with a small led light that shows you when it is accessed so you’ll know when it is working.

6. I had to immediately start holding Fn + R after powering on, keep holding the keys and watch the flash drive, it should start rapidly flashing. release the keys and wait for the system to reboot after a few seconds.
    (other combinations to force the firmware flash for other devices are Fn + Esc, Fn + Win key, you could require a different combination)

7. You should see the screen come on and some text flashing by etc, enter BIOS as normal and reset it to default settings to be safe.

8. Enjoy victory. 🙂

I don’t know if this will work for resetting BIOS passwords or other kinds of obstacles keeping you from accessing the BIOS, but I don’t see how it wouldn’t work unless the passwords are stored somewhere else or something.

Sorry for the long winded wall of text, I wanted to be clear as possible, feel free to ask if there is anything I can help with.

Kind Regards
    Shawn (ou balneus)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PCORRÊA
    Participant
    <pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” dir=”ltr” data-placeholder=”Tradução” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>Someone else knows how to reset the bios of the tablet DL Winpad 800 Win 10 windows, I turned off the USB ports for the bios for distraction and now I can not enter the bios anymore to reconnect. I do not know what to do anymore, I took the battery to see if it is zero and still I still can not access. I’ve tried everything with the volume + power buttons and nothing. It only enters corrupted windows …</span>
    Pessoal alguém ai sabe como resetar a bios do tablet DL Winpad 800 Win 10 windows , eu desliguei a portas USB pela bios por distração e agora não consigo entrar mais na bios para religar. Não sei mais o que fazer, já tirei a bateria para ver se zera e mesmo assim continuo sem poder acessar. Já tentei de tudo com os botões de volume + power e nada. Entra apenas no windows corrompido…
    Mince
    Participant

Is it likely your bios fixing method will work on any windows 7/8/8.1/10 tablet that has had a similar issue?

I’ve had mine switched off and drained battery for 2days now. Just charging it back up.

Will try next steps after..

(Bush A1 tablet((rebranded Archos Cesium)) )

tony
    Participant

blind bios reset steps as follows

turn laptop on

press esc key repeatedly as soon as light comes on at keyboard to enter bios landing

press the following

down 1x

right 2xs

press enter

now press

right 5xs

down 3xs

press enter then f10 & wait for laptop to turn off

turn back and all factory defaults should be reloaded

i used the video attached below to see the bios and count the steps myselfs – just did it successfully

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar