BIOS RESET

BIOS RESET

This topic contains 59 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  tony 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Oh, I’m sorry, should mention this before – I cut it to unplug battery, used some extra wire and didn’t soldered it yet. I’ll secure this splice, when I finally solve my problem. Normally this wire is perfectly fine.

I was really surprised how tidy and clean the device was assembled. There were some 4 or 5 pieces of black electrical tape securing connectors for screen, speakers and antenna.

Thank you for explaining mystery around the tea ;]

Chris G
    Keymaster

Here are some photos of Hi10 inside. http://imgur.com/a/JIvEA

Whoa, that pic is after you cut the battery yourself right? Chuwi wouldn’t have done that, surely not!

Hualalai is correct there, get that wire insulated asap and be very careful you could start a fire it’s super dangerous.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

I bought microHDMI cable, but still no success – no signal on the output.

Anyone having helpful ideas?

I wrote a mail to Chuwi, but i doubt they will help me.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sounds like a hardware fault to me now. Screen ribbon came loose or something.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Wrong BIOS settings are the problem. I think that GPU and USB controller are not booting properly. Without them I can’t enter BIOS and reset settings. There should be some clear CMOS circuit.

Ondřej Šefčík
    Participant

Ok, it seems I have the same exact problem like you do, tablet dos turn on and of but the only way I can know that is by USB power, completely dead otherwise, tried reconnecting the battery but nothing.
    And I did some BIOS tweaks but the tablet was working with them for a while, did enable fastboot thou.

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

Yeah, exact same problem. I tried almost everything. Maybe you think something up.

Ondřej Šefčík
    Participant

Well, with only 3 non-functional buttons and no motherboard schematics to reset BIOS (IF there is some clear cmos jumper and IF it even is BIOS problem) I think we have solid ~3000mAh power bank. But the tablet heats up when it on so it’s trying to do something.

Asd3r
    Participant

Hi guys

I have the same issue with my hi10. Tried to get to android and pressed the volume down button at startup and i got to the bios main menu. With no keyboard docked, i thought it was a good idea to let the tablet go out by itself ( battery ) and restart it normally. Now, black screen, no led blinking when charging but it still turns on and off. I can see it by a connected usb stick. my voltmeter tells me that the battery can sucessfully charge from 3,4v to 4,1v.

I tried to disconnect the battery and connect by micro usb. No chance. I was thinking about the microHdmi but u guys tried it already.

Last we had on our tablets, are working standart usb ports. there had to be a reason when nothing work until the power button and the standart usb ports. but i cant slove it whitout any image or something…

burntfaceman
    Participant

I got two of these for my kids. Both were working fine now one of them has the exact same issue ( wasn’t playing with the bios or anything like that) went from charging/power on light being on/flashing to no light but getting power over usb. Wont detect usb keyboard, dont have a usb mirco cable to test but im guessing i will be in the same boat as you.

Jonathan Gobeil
    Participant

Got exactly the same problem, charging light is flashing, but when I hold the power button to open it, charging light go down for 3-4 seconds and begins to flash again and nothing on screen.  Anyone find a way to reset the bios?

Marcin Kruszyński
    Participant

I received info from seller, that Chuwi is preparing some software+video tutorial on how to unbrick Hi10 from this unusable state. We have to wait like 5-7 days.

I assume, that as for now the only working solution is to reflash BIOS using some SPI programmer and it is rather hard to do.

Asd3r
    Participant

No problem to wait longer a few days. If you get a software & video, can u share this thing wis us please?

Thanks

burntfaceman
    Participant

So its been 5 days have your heard anything? i really dont want to have to send back or go down the SPI path(as i dont own an spi interface/Rpi.

Valentin
    Participant

Hi guys !

have you tried some combinaisons in order to boot in bios ?

you can also try to flash a bios update, check if you tablet can recognize an usb stick (with the help of a blinking led on the usb stick) if it blink, try to copy bios update or bios recovery update to an usb stick formatted as fat32 and boot the tablet on it if available or with it inserted.

here are the HI10 V300 recovery bios by Pzemo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UJF0mw6LjJQ1hTdXdNdUdCWkU/view?usp=sharing

good luck, mine is bricked so I can’t test it out (tablet shutted down while I was doing bios update, it was as erasing step, almost 100%…)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password