Teclast X80 Plus Windows Installation Files

Teclast X80 Plus Windows Installation Files

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Teclast X80 Plus Windows Installation Files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    240-185
    Participant

Hello everyone.

So you bought a Teclast X80 Plus. You bought it because it had a dual boot Android + Windows 10. But now you’re crying because your Windows partitions are totally botched, and it won’t boot. Android is fine but you want your monopolistic OS back. I know it.

Thanks to Google, I searched for official support on Teclast’s website. Which is there. Unfortunately, their forums are a chore to use and they put lots of barriers to reach their files, including the most obnoxious one: having stored the files on a “Bye-Duh” account. For those who don’t know, you must have a Chinese phone number in order to register to Bye-Duh and download the files. Don’t bother to check on Youtube some tricks to bypass this obstacle as they patched it now. And no, I won’t write the real name of this company which forgot that the interwebz is not limited to a country.

Thanks to a friend who lived for enough long time in China and had a Bye-Duh account, I could retrieve the Windows installation files and my sense of generosity made me think it would be good to share it with all of you:

http://www.latelier240.fr/x80plus

The four files are available since the 7th of April 2016 7:00PM (GMT)!

What devices will you need?

• A self-powered USB hub
    • A freshly formatted 8 GB USB drive
    • A USB keyboard
    • …and of course, your tablet with at least 60% of battery power

How to use these files?

• Download the 4 files into the same folder on your PC.
    • Extract the contents of the folder “X80 Plus-双系统-Win10_20160108_系统安装文件” at the root of your USB drive.
    • Plug your keyboard and this USB drive in the hub
    • Plug the hub into the host cable of your tablet
    • Power your tablet on and mash the “Delete” button until you get this screen :
    • Go to the “Save & Exit” tab and in the “Boot Override” section, choose the line which describes your USB drive by pressing Enter. The tablet should restart immediately.
    • A blue screen should appear as soon as the tablet tries to boot on the USB drive:

This is absolutely normal. Yes. Chinese IT is best IT!
    • Boot again on the USB drive by following the previous steps.
    • The process of restoration will begin shortly and you won’t need to touch anything from now. The tablet will shut down afterwards.
    • Proceed eventually to the full configuration of Windows.

This is the only method to restore your tablet to its factory state. Don’t try to restore your system with a retail DVD of Windows 10, it won’t work at all and you will worsen the situation.
    Because it may be a “genuine” Windows OS, but we’re talking about people who designed a device whose hardware was NOT meant to host two OSes at once.

Now some advices and informations.

I°/ CRC32 and MD5 of the 4 files:

--------------------
    [001/004] H:\teclast_x80plus\X80 Plus.part1.rar
    Size: 2,147,483,648
    CRC-32: 99EB1489
    MD-5: df3580a014f4778e2f5b30fbe5288ec4
    --------------------
    [002/004] H:\teclast_x80plus\X80 Plus.part2.rar
    CRC-32: 293DB81B
    MD-5: 8d8b3c309678641dc5679e871fa45c6b
    --------------------
    [003/004] H:\teclast_x80plus\X80 Plus.part3.rar
    CRC-32: AC2B43F9
    MD-5: 1657bb17c986b241d94f4749151fbcf9
    --------------------
    [004/004] H:\teclast_x80plus\X80 Plus.part4.rar
    Size: 485,753,895
    CRC-32: 229F6D98
    MD-5: 954b9488c433dbcfccbe83af88f444a3

If you downloaded several times the files and end up with a different MD5/CRC32, please let me know immediately.

II°/ Weaknesses of the tablet

• Do NOT attempt to change the (host)name of your tablet unless you want to restore Windows once more.
    • Wi-Fi is weak, even if the source point is stuck behind the tablet. Deal with it.
    • If you encounter a hardware problem and it still doesn’t work despite having reinstalled the drivers, prepare to restore this OS.

III°/ Final words
    You are strongly encouraged to host these files on your own website, MEGA account, or seed them via Torrent. Despite its quirks, this tablet deserves some love and is a great deal for the price.

Stefano
    Participant

i can’t download part 3

240-185
    Participant

I am currently uplodaing it now.
    Next time, read carefully the first post. It was said the third part was not available yet. (but now it is)

Nicolás
    Participant

What format do you use for the drive. I assume it is FAT32 isn’t it?

240-185
    Participant

Fat32/4096 bytes, yes.

Nicolás
    Participant

I’m giving it a try. Already try to copy from an unrar over Mac and it doesn’t get the blue screen, just failed to boot on Windows. I’m now changing to decompress it on Windows and I’ll see what happends.

240-185
    Participant

Don’t forget to check the CRC32 or MD5 of the files. My Internet connection was a bit funky.

Nicolás
    Participant

It’s working now, installing at the moment. The procedure is correct. Thank you so much for the tutorial.

Jasons
    Participant

Are there official installation files for Android?

240-185
    Participant

Nope, Windows only.

Unless you have a Baidu account and register in Teclast forums

Jasons
    Participant

Nope, Windows only. Unless you have a Baidu account and register in Teclast forums

You know a guy, right?

Allember
    Participant

Hi everybody!! I’m stuck in the process. I’ve downloaded and using image from http://www.latelier240.fr/x80plus (thanks! 240-185 user). But have problem during the applying image, only 4% and error 112. There is not enough space on the disk. Any suggestions?

at least Android system is Ok, yet.

240-185
    Participant

Nope, Windows only. Unless you have a Baidu account and register in Teclast forums

You know a guy, right?

Yes. Maybe I will get in touch with him again.

But the Android part is supposed to be left as is and is much more robust than the Windows part. So, if you can’t boot Android anymore, that means you tried to do some witchcraft with your tablet.

240-185
    Participant

Hi everybody!! I’m stuck in the process. I’ve downloaded and using image from http://www.latelier240.fr/x80plus (thanks! 240-185 user). But have problem during the applying image, only 4% and error 112. There is not enough space on the disk. Any suggestions? at least Android system is Ok, yet.

Did you change the partitions while trying to reinstall Windows by a mean other than the official one?

Allember
    Participant

yes, I have a mess with partitions. It doesn’t have the original, but Android is still running up. What can I do man?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar