Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Konstantin Matvievsky
    Participant

Hi.

Sorry for delay.  I was busy porting RemixOS to Hibook.

Test TWRP for Hi12 and feedback, please. https://yadi.sk/d/0NGV6Uo3sFYbs

Richard Russell
    Participant

Hi. Sorry for delay. I was busy porting RemixOS to Hibook. Test TWRP for Hi12 and feedback, please. https://yadi.sk/d/0NGV6Uo3sFYbs

works for me! Thanks a lot

Macho Man
    Participant

Could we have new instructions procedures to apply this img?

Mickey Y
    Participant

+1

Konstantin Matvievsky
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>All instiction wich you need are on page #1.</p>

Richard Russell
    Participant

Easiest way is to download Rashr from the market ad flash the IMG from storage, you can then boot to it from the same app

Macho Man
    Participant

Is it possible to flash the EXFat+NTFS support without formatting/reflashing Hi12?

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I followed the instructions for this and it worked well with a clean root and NTFS support on microsd. The script for unlocking the bootloader said it was already unlocked (maybe from previous root or maybe from factory) so I followed through the rest of the procedure and I didn’t loose any installed apps. One strange thing though was when I removed my root from the previous method it also removed ability to connect as usb media to my PC so it’s only connecting as adb device and I wasn’t able to copy the install zips to my internal storage so had to use the microsd card.

Thanks for sharing the method it’s a better root than we had and opens up possibilities with the tethered TWRP.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Hi. Sorry for delay. I was busy porting RemixOS to Hibook. Test TWRP for Hi12 and feedback, please. https://yadi.sk/d/0NGV6Uo3sFYbs

Thanks, TWRP test img working for me as well. Fits screen well in landscape and touch working. I made a backup of system.

Mickey Y
    Participant

TWRP test img working for me as well. Fits screen well in landscape and touch working.

Can you advise a step to step how to install this TWRP img? I could not get it from page 1 of this thread? Tks.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

TWRP test img working for me as well. Fits screen well in landscape and touch working.

Can you advise a step to step how to install this TWRP img? I could not get it from page 1 of this thread? Tks.

Official way would be to flash recovery img with fastboot like in this link:

How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot

But it’s easier to follow tip from Richard and install Rashr app from playstore and use it to install img from internal storage.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I’m not sure why I lost MTP storage in android when I removed the old root method but with the new TWRP, MTP storage works well in recovery, shows up as HiBook on PC.

Macho Man
    Participant

Thanks, it worked like a charm!

alessandro
    Participant

I need root to make some apps access external sd card (for example ttorrent), use ntfs usb devices and maybe find an app which low back light cause lower setting sometimes is too high…

Will root satisfy my needs?

Which root method is easier and safer?

Thanks

Thanks

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I need root to make some apps access external sd card (for example ttorrent), use ntfs usb devices and maybe find an app which low back light cause lower setting sometimes is too high… Will root satisfy my needs? Which root method is easier and safer? Thanks Thanks

Try to ask App developer also as may be fault of app not asking and being granted permissions to write to ex sd or maybe Google doesn’t think torrent app safe so doesn’t give permissions. You can probably fix most things with root if you know how, but that’s the hard part.

I installed the NTFS / Exfat fix in this thread. It works on microsd card but still can’t recognize NTFS formatted usb stick.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar