Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Tethered TWRP / Clean Root / Android exFAT+NTFS support for Hi12 Dual Boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    oni
    Participant

how to remove exFAT/NTFS drivers for Android maype it will fix my problem

oni
    Participant

i unroot and now problem gone i can see full sd card and usb size

Danymyte
    Participant

Hi all,

I tried severall times to install the exFAT+NTFS support on Hi 10 Plus and can actually read NTFS format but not exFAT. The same SD card can be read by Windows and I also tried CM 12.1 which also can access the exFat card. Getting back to Remix OS with both flashable zips I can only use NTFS and not exFAT.

Anyone having an idea how to solve this issue, already tried with clean Remix OS – doenst help. Hope someone has a bright idea.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Henry Atcorner
    Participant

thanks but now all sd cards and flash usb say size is ony 1.84gb but i have 32gb they work in windows no problem but in android only 1.84gb i try fat32 ntfc noo diffrence pleace help

Had the same problem. I when I format an external SD card connected to the usb port of the chuwi.

I then format it on my PC ( NTFS).

When I tried to read it on the Chuwi USB port it was not recognized.

When I connect it on the SS USB 3.0 port it worked fine.

Anacleto
    Participant

By step 11 a The Tablet turns of and reboot, but not in TWRP. The Screen is black and nothig happens (the backlicht is on) . Do you have any Ideas ?

I have exactly the same problem. Yes, you are in TWRP, but for some strange reason, the tablet thinks that it is connected to HDMI. If you can manage to connect to an external monitor via HDMI you will see the TWRP screen.

I also have the problem, but the HDMI screen is not usable, as I can’t see the lower part of the screen.  Finally I could flash the rom by repeatedly booting to recovery ( fastboot boot instead of fastboot flash), until it showed correctly in the tablet screen (maybe it was because I was touching repeatedly the tablet screen an buttons, maybe it just works once in a while)

verbage
    Participant

Ok, so I am bitten by this bug, too–black screen on trying to boot temporary recovery.  But I have been thinking about the issue–the tablet is mistakenly trying to output the video signal to the Micro HDMI port instead of the internal panel.  So this is probably avoidable at the BIOS level–find the setting that controls video output, and instead of auto-sensing it, force it to the internal panel instead of the external port.  So I went hunting around in BIOS, and have a promising lead, but I am hesitant to pull the trigger because of non-existent documentation, and the fact that I don’t have a Micro HDMI adapter yet for disaster recovery (one is on the way in the mail…).

Let me explain–under one of the chipset menus (I forget which–I did not take explicit notes), there is an “IGD Boot Type” setting with three options:

1.)  Auto [what the system was set to by default]

2.) HDMI Port B

3.) eDP

So now the question comes down to if “HDMI Port B” is referring to the port that feeds the internal display or if it is referring to the external Micro HDMI port.  The “eDP” third option doesn’t help me too much with this–in some places, I’ve seen it referred to as “embedded Display Port”, but I can imagine it might just as easily mean “external Display Port”.  Of course, the lack of documentation, as mentioned above, does not help.

For me, it’s a 50%/50% chance, but I am not willing to take those odds now since I have no means for recovery (i.e. no Micro HDMI adapter in case I pick wrong).  But I’ll test this out when my adapter arrives, and report back here.  Otherwise, maybe somebody with a Micro HDMI adapter can give it a shot before then?

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

That sounds promising, I googled eDP and it does stand for embedded display port. I may give it a try when I have time. I don’t have a micro HDMI connector either but if I get stuck in recovery with a black screen I connect to a computer and use adb reboot to get out of it and try again.

verbage
    Participant

<< I get stuck in recovery with a black screen I connect to a computer and use adb reboot to get out of it and try again.>>

Interesting–I did not think adb was up and running when using Konstantin Matvievsky’s Hi12 recovery image, at least that was my cursory experience yesterday evening.  When I got into the black screen mode (i.e. with temp recovery booted), I tried a few adb commands but nothing took.  Maybe I tried it too early in the process while the recovery image was still booting?

Whatever the case, adb’ing is not really a solution to this because the change I am suggesting is in BIOS.  So with a 50% chance of one of the options being incorrect, well, the result would be video forced to one output or the other.  An adb reboot would not fix this…  Without a Micro HDMI adapter, you would have to plug in a keyboard, and blindly hope to reset BIOS to its default with a few deft and well-timed keystrokes.

Anyway, we could figure this out with a Micro HDMI connector if we work together…  You could pick one option like “eDP”, and if it works, great!  If not, I would try the other option of “HDMI Port B”, and that would theoretically work.  Or we could both end up tabs needing a BIOS reset–who knows!

Here’s to hoping somebody with a Micro HDMI adapter might be willing to give this a shot else it’ll be about 2 weeks before I can test it (my adapter is on the slow boat from China).

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Well I tried setting to eDP and I was very hopeful. Nothing was changed when booting into system but unfortunately the first time I booted to recovery I got the black screen so had to use adb to reboot. At this stage I’ve set it back to Auto.

Henry Atcorner
    Participant

I went into the same issue. I did change the BIOS setting with no effect. I finally got the things work with a micro HDMI cable and an external monitor

Rogério Fernandes Figueiredo
    Participant

Hi there i try to root ther new image of android that is available here  Chuwi Hi12 Dualboot (20161008) and after I flash temp twrp tablet does not boot no more anyone try it?

Participant

is this tablet dead? no one write bout it anymore no more info. is there any forum alive for this tablet?

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Not dead, mine still working 🙂  The forum gets less active when people are interested in new models. It seems the boot.img in the stock ROM you flashed is not unlocked. For me, I flashed the ROM that Carlos uploaded in the Remix thread then I changed to CM12.1.

Participant

did the cm 12.1 better than stck one. I just like to flas ntfs drivers in android side

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Overall stability and performance s better in CM12.1 and more complete play store compatibility compared to stock. Aso built in root manager that you can turn on/off in developers mode so no need to flash SU. It does have support for NTFS on USB stick. I haven’t tried the sdcard as my internal card reader is broken. I liked it so much I deleted Windows and have 53 GB Android.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar