3 Pro's touchpad locking up mechanically [video]

3 Pro's touchpad locking up mechanically [video]

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series 3 Pro's touchpad locking up mechanically [video]

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kalle
    Participant

My touchpad has recently started to get stuck when I use the left click button. For example if I want to hold and drag a object, the button can get stuck and keep pressing down resulting in a mess in whatever I am doing. To get it to get unstuck, I have to press on the bottom of the laptop. I think a video explains it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fnLgR3eZM&feature=youtu.be

Any suggestions on how to fix it? It has become worse the more I use it.

Chupa
    Participant

quite a different design from my 3S.
    I think they are just fastened by double sticky tape, you can see mine 3M on the bottom of the pad.
    maybe with a low set hairdrier you can heat the pad and then remove it for maintenance.

I personally hate click pads, another stupid apple copy of design over function like the on off button.

I do not use the click anymore since I often do not know where on the pad I am. I just use 1 tap for left and where the cursor sits 2 taps for right button menu. works very well now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Kalle
    Participant

quite a different design from my 3S. I think they are just fastened by double sticky tape, you can see mine 3M on the bottom of the pad. maybe with a low set hairdrier you can heat the pad and then remove it for maintenance. I personally hate click pads, another stupid apple copy of design over function like the on off button. I do not use the click anymore since I often do not know where on the pad I am. I just use 1 tap for left and where the cursor sits 2 taps for right button menu. works very well now.

Hmm yeah it looks like I have to stick with the touchbuttons now.

I let the alcohole dry over night and then I used it a couple of hours without any problem. Now however, click is completly broken. I mean it works mechanically but click is not registered when I click it. So I iguess I have to get used to using touch. 🙁

Just a question, how  do you drag and drop or drag and select things without the click button?

Chupa
    Participant

sorry

double tap and hold move and release

what make is you pad?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar