A cost-effective 10.1-Inch MT6797 Android 8.0 Tablet ALLDOCUBE M5

A cost-effective 10.1-Inch MT6797 Android 8.0 Tablet ALLDOCUBE M5

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion A cost-effective 10.1-Inch MT6797 Android 8.0 Tablet ALLDOCUBE M5

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  winterless 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

winterless
    Participant

Chiness Android-tablet Brand ALLDOCUBE has announced the Android 8.0 Tablet ALLDOCUBE M5 recently.Now the 10.1″ 2560 x 1600 deca-core Tablet is on sale at banggood.com .

Main Features:

OS
    Android 8.0 Oreo

CPU
    MT6797 Helio X20 Deca-Core SOC
    two fast Cortex-A72 cores up to 2.3 GHz,four Cortex-A53 cores up to 1.83 GHz and four Cortex-A53 cores up to 1.4 GHz.

GPU
    Mali-T880 MP4 @ 700 MHz.

10.1 inch IPS Capacitive Screen
    2560 x 1600 resolution with 10 touch points.

4G LTE Support
    GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHZ
    WCDMA:B1/8
    TD-SDMA:B34/39
    FDD-LTE:B1/3
    TDD-LTE:B38 39 40 41

Split Screen Function

Storage

4GB RAM 64GB ROM

Camera

2.0MP front camera + 5.0MP AF rear camera

Dual Band 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz WiFi
    802.11a/b/g/n/ac

Bluetooth 4.2

GPS Function
    GPS+A-GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

winterless
    Participant

Xfade
    Participant

I have one on order, should arrive in a week or so.
    The only worry is the screen. Small chance it’s not a One Glass Solution display, not fully laminated. It’s from JDI, while the other same spec tablets, like the Chuwi Hi9 Air and the Teclast T10 use one from Sharp, wich is fully laminated.

Edit: I was right. Here’s a quick unboxing from Alldocube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCUkXXpx6I

Xfade
    Participant

I have received my unit.
    Quick pro and cons for those interested:

Pro:
    – Great build quality, plastic buttons though, but they feel alright
    – Screen is quite good, nice colours
    – Fast
    – Speakers seem better then other brands, also go loud enough for me
    – Stock rom, no bloat, only google bloat 😉

Cons:
    – Non laminated screen, with no auto brightness sensor
    – Screen brightness does not go very high, but does go quite low
    – Light bleed buttom and right side. Not noticable during normal use, you can see it on boot, and (probably) videos. Did not test yet. Your mileage may vary with your model (edit: not noticible after watching some videos)
    – My unit had a bug where everytime the screen went off ( via button or sleep ) you couldn’t wake it, only with a forced 10 second boot. Fixed by clearing cache and emmc via recovery. Again, this might be just my unit (edit: seems to be a software issue, so imho not really a problem)
    – No updates so far

Battery is smaller than comparable models, but have not had time to test. It seems ok.
    At the moment you can grab this tablet for 154 euro’s or so, via banggoood with a coupon. Seems a good price to me.

Sx C
    Participant

– My unit had a bug where everytime the screen went off ( via button or sleep ) you couldn’t wake it, only with a forced 10 second boot. Fixed by clearing cache and emmc via recovery. Again, this might be just my unit

seems like a rather big problem, i guess together with the non laminated screen the m5 is off my shopping cart. Still waiting for more reviews for the helio x20 tablets, cant decide between it and the mt8176/3 and hope chris does a comparison video soon

Xfade
    Participant

Chris made a video for the Teclast T10 and the Chuwi Hi 9 air. In the Chuwi video he mentioned he would still prefer the T10. The Voyo i8 Max has too big bezels for me, also looks like it’s non-laminated. The Binai G10 Max i didn’t choose because i don’t know the brand.
    I guess it’s a toss-up between the T10 and Hi 9 Air. Both great screens.

Muhammad
    Participant

I have the alldocube m5 tablet but when I open Google play store I get black screen tried clearing cache resetting nothing works

winterless
    Participant

@Muhammad  what’s your version of build number in about tablet? do you have tried to restrore the factory settings?

Muhammad
    Participant

Thanks for the reply @winterless. I have tried factory reset but still same problem. My build version is M5_V1.0_20180529. I also attached an attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Xfade
    Participant

Thanks for the reply @winterless. I have tried factory reset but still same problem. My build version is M5_V1.0_20180529. I also attached an attachment

Mine’s the same as yours. But here it works fine.
    You could try clearing app cache and data from all google apps in settings, or the cache in recovery menu. Does the browser app store work?
    Also searching google found some hits on this issue. Perhaps an awnser is there.

Muhammad
    Participant

Yes tried clearing cache but still same issue. I can’t open chrome it gives me error so using default browser I tried Google play store and the web opens but still can’t open the app. Also it doesn’t even let me add google account either shows me black screen on google play

Xfade
    Participant

I would try factory reset from recovery mode (volume up+power) again, (wipe everything) if it fails again i would try to reflash the stock firmware posted above. But that might be risky. I would try googling for awnsers before attempting that.

Xfade
    Participant

For those interested, cube released an updated firmware for this tablet on 51cube.com.
    However, i would not recommend installing it. It does not have Google Apps, starts in Chinese and has some bloatware in it.
    I tried a selective firmware upgrade with sp flash tool trying to keep personal stuff intact, but that leads to a unstable rom.

winterless
    Participant

For those interested, cube released an updated firmware for this tablet on 51cube.com. However, i would not recommend installing it. It does not have Google Apps, starts in Chinese and has some bloatware in it. I tried a selective firmware upgrade with sp flash tool trying to keep personal stuff intact, but that leads to a unstable rom.

I will post a link for new updated firmware with google-apps this week later or next week

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password