A pressure group for a NEW BIOS?

A pressure group for a NEW BIOS?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series A pressure group for a NEW BIOS?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  FatEnzo 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

FatEnzo
    Participant

Hi,

could be a good idea if we create a PRESSURE GROUP to have attention (and respect) by EZBOOK?

The goal is: a new and perfect working new bios for our Jumper

What’s your opinion?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’m with you on this. Even if my EZBook 3 Pro V4 is fine, the other models with the new bios are a mess with SSD support.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chupa
    Participant

IZIbook is a Chinese company with a very different mentality than the Europe/America one. They do not give a flying mouse bottom (toned down for the sake of the cry kiddies) what the few % of the actual people who give feedback want. They sell 10 times more to the Chinese market for a lot less (check taobao.com) and these consumers do not complain. Even big companies like Mi (drone and phone and everything in between) do not care for the western voice (check the forums).

As long as you do not even know if it is a real IPS or anything else, if it is bright or dim or if is matte or a mirror finish and everything and every part can be changed in a whim without you as a customer knowing, there is little to do than shut up and fork over the money – or look for a dealer who actually knows what they sell and is honest about it.

I rather pay 10 to 20% more and know exactly what I get.
    Chris and all the other reviewers told the screen of my 3s would be matte and then I got a glossy what was not IPS at all.
    Since I never had a IPS I had no Idea what  is the difference and how to spot it. I had to buy a Jumper clone( MAC book look alike) from Thomson at a local store to actually see how good a matte IPS can look. Oh and I just took out the SSD from my Jumper and put it in the Thomson with his 32GB EMMC, switched the locked bios to SSD and it booted without a problem. Yes and it runs after several turnoff and on  still without a problem.

My mouse pad is FLUSH with the wrist rest and I often are over the pad area and wonder why the mouse cursor is stopping again – nobody mentioned that ever. A total stupid design, but hey it looks awesome. See ma, no gap at all.

Remember: If you buy cheap Chinese crap, you get cheap Chinese crap. There is no service, there are no spare parts (woho my key broke can I ave a spare one please) and the warranty is next to nothing. Buy, use and throw away. Look into the forum how many Jumpers died within months.

How a go fund me with a mix and match ultrabook. you put exactly the parts together what you like and if for that price are enough people then exactly this unit is produced. It happened before.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

JesDoias
    Participant

aw man @chupa you are salty as f.

Look, its true, i wouldnt recommend Ezbook to someone without experience about dealing with various problems without warning them that there is POSSIBILITY of future problems. But saying that, there is simply no chance to get quality of Macbook for 250$. If you wanted 24/7 customer service and apologies with flowers you should have bought Macbook for 1000$. Sure ezbook has issues, biggest being SSD boot problems, but other issues can be dealt with. And some units are simply defective, thats why Ezbook is cheaper – no quality control.  It is still good laptop, and you get exactly what you paid for. Its not a charity, you wont get Dell or HP quality for a 1/3 price.  And even those companies produce their stuff in China to cut costs.

Ps. Intel m2 ssd’s has been reported by 2 users to be compatible with EZbook. But people still buy kingdian or kingspec or samsung that many reported problems with, and then come here to cry its not working. When i will need ssd i will buy intel, not cheapest one that i can find at that moment.

Chupa
    Participant

my 512GB Kingspec for 90 Euros with over 500/500 on my Jumper 3s works like a charm (see my blog here).

please enlighten me what is “salty as f.” In case of insult I will have to respond with full force and might kick your diplomats out, if it is a compliment I might to have send you some flowers or give you a free facebook account.

P.S. what´s a macbook? I am with Bill since 1984 (he looked much better than)
    – Oh you mean the template for the EZbook and others where the power switch is so stupid placed.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

JesDoias
    Participant

Definitely not an insult, dont kick my internet balls 😀  You are one of most active users in ezbook section, grateful for your input man!

I was salty too soon after i bought ezbook3pro but came to realize i made good choice anyway (for that money) and so did you.

I dont think ezbook 3s share same motherboard and bios with ezbook 3 pro although im not sure about that. i love how thin ezbook is and its good thing they follow after Apple.

FatEnzo
    Participant

to jesdoias

thank you for your lectio magistralis; that solve all our problems.

For all friend here. The controller of Samsung EVO860 is perfect on my jumper. Actually I have a jumper with

win a fresh copy of windows 10 on ssd (super fast)

Chupa
    Participant

good for you Enzo, so how fast is fast? 500/500 or 2000/1500 as seen on some mi racers.

if you like pizza like me I found something today where I was thinking of you, since you put fat in front of the enzo.
    Here is the Facebook of the future.

CALLER:
    Is this Tony’s Pizza?

FACEBOOK:
    No sir, it’s Facebook Pizza.

CALLER:
    I must have dialed a wrong number. Sorry.

FACEBOOK:
    No sir, Facebook bought Tony’s Pizza last month.

CALLER:
    OK. I would like to order a pizza.

FACEBOOK:
    Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER:
    My usual? You know me?

FACEBOOK:
    According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.

CALLER:
    OK! That’s what I want …

FACEBOOK:
    May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten-free thin crust?

CALLER:
    What? I detest vegetables.

FACEBOOK:
    Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER:
    How the hell do you know?

FACEBOOK:
    Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records.
    We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER:
    Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetable pizza!

I already take medication for my cholesterol.

FACEBOOK:
    Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly.
    According to our database, you only purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once, at Drug RX Network, 4 months ago.

CALLER:
    I bought more from another drugstore.

FACEBOOK:
    That doesn’t show on your credit card statement.

CALLER:
    I paid in cash.

FACEBOOK:
    But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.

CALLER:
    I have other sources of cash.

FACEBOOK:
    That doesn’t show on your last tax return unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law.

CALLER:
    WHAT THE HELL?

FACEBOOK:
    I’m sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER:
    Enough already!

I’m sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I’m going to an island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

FACEBOOK:

I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first.  It expired 6 weeks ago…

from here

Need Help?

FatEnzo
    Participant

🙂 🙂  🙂  🙂

It’s over 500/500! Very fast, very reactive.

200 euro (Ezbook Jumper 3)+ 80 euro (Samsung 860 EVO SSD): perfect machine for me.

Chupa
    Participant

very good for you, I payed less than 240 Euro for a 256GB s3, then it got lost and after 6 weeks resend with a “we are having some trouble with the logistic, we are sorry, you get 10 $ for every week you have to wait until it arrives.” 3 weeks later my 3s arrived and another 2 weeks after I tested the shit out of it (missed the non IPS because of non knowledge). I told the customer service I would like now the promised money. One week later I had 50$ in  my Gearbest wallet and a 3s for less than 200 Euro. They counted from the first delivery what had to be there in 4 weeks, so 2 weeks more plus 3 weeks for the new delivery. But hey this was my first GB order in November 2017, since then I ordered lots of interesting things for often an amazing price like last time a rear view camera waterproof with night vision and a 5″ screen for below 15 Euro –  same thing is now 45 Euro..

Need Help?

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

? ? ? ? It’s over 500/500! Very fast, very reactive. 200 euro (Ezbook Jumper 3)+ 80 euro (Samsung 860 EVO SSD): perfect machine for me.

Do you use the evo with adapter on usb or do you have the evo m.2 inside?

FatEnzo
    Participant

Inside. In M.2 slot.

In my opinion the key to obtain a working configuration, is switch off the SATA PORT that control the emmc…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password