Accessing router through mobile or tablet

Accessing router through mobile or tablet

TechTablets Forums Chinese Mobile Phone Discussion General Mobile Discussion Accessing router through mobile or tablet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lila Martin
    Participant

We generally set up a new router by accessing it from our laptop for the first time. But is it possible to Access Netgear Router, which I have recently bought, from my mobile phone or my tablet? I just want to know this as I do not have any laptop on my own and I need to set up my new router.

What can I do?

Benjamin
    Participant

You could, in case they blocked access with wifi, use an usb to etherent adapert which you should be able to connect to most mobile phones with an usb otg cable. Often you need to give yourself (in this case the mobile phone) an static ip, many routers have their config ip printerd on the underside or in the manual, if it is e.g.: 192.168.2.1 then if you don’t get an network address automatically with DHCP you need to give yourself another ip in the same network, so 192.168.2.X wher X not equals 0,1 or 255.

So to conclude blocked wifi config will likely be your greatest difficulty, everything else should be perfectly fine with a mobile device.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar