After Win 10 Upgrade Wifi Card Missing!

After Win 10 Upgrade Wifi Card Missing!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series After Win 10 Upgrade Wifi Card Missing!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cicma 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

AG
    Participant

I had the same problem of missing wifi device on a 3S after latest Win 10 1803 update.

Open Device manager, expand bluetooth, there was a generic bluetooth adapter listed, right click update driver. The wifi card is both wifi N + bluetooth device, but seems to be picked up as bluetooth only.

Use this driver from microsoft catalog update for Win 10, choose “Realtek Semiconductor Corp. – WLAN – Realtek RTL8723B Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter “.  It should be the AMD64 bit driver, not 32 bit (click the name to see details of the driver).

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=802.11+n+WLAN

Download the CAB file, extract using 7zip to a folder, then in Device manager, Bluetooth – Update Driver.

“Browse my computer”, “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”, “Have Disk”, browse to extracted files, then OK and scroll through the list of available device drivers, select “Realtek RTL8723B Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter”.

Mine is showing version 1030.26.801.2017 from 31/01/2018.

Restart computer and you should also see “Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter” auto installed in device manager – bluetooth, and the WLAN device in Network Adapters.

Cicma
    Participant

My Jumper EZBOOK 3 pro dual Wifi bought from Gearbest store, serial number: NBAG2F0400929, after a Windows update no longer recognizes the Wireless card. I reinstalled the Wireless card drivers but the laptop does not see the card, it’s like it would not exist in the laptop. please help me. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cicma
    Participant

the wireless card is from intel. I attached the picture of the card.

Attachments:

AG
    Participant

You have the Intel AC instead of the N, same problem, you’ll need to download the Intel 3165 driver from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Then manually update the Bluetooth adaptor in device manager.

For some reason the win10 update installs its own driver that only covers the Bluetooth side of the integrated Bluetooth/wifi adaptor.

Cicma
    Participant

I tried your method, it does not work.

Chupa
    Participant

welcome to the wonderful wold of windows update
    the simplest solution is : do not update and restore your original drivers what you sure have backed up via double driver

if not, uninstall the update and roll back to when everything worked.

windows 10 is the first windows where I use to create restore points quite regularly, because you will need them!!!

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Cicma
    Participant

unfortunately I reinstalled the operating system so I do not have Windows with which it came from the factory. What I could do next?

Chupa
    Participant

download old windows version an install

google for location

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Cicma
    Participant

I do not know which version was installed. you know? can you tell me? Thanks for your time.

Cicma
    Participant

This is the model I bought. thank you.

Attachments:

Chupa
    Participant

1703 should work
    see my help section

link below

Need Help?

Cicma
    Participant

many thanks Chupa, I will try this too.

Chupa
    Participant

best of luck, let us know ow it turns out

Need Help?

Cicma
    Participant

unfortunately reinstallation win 10 version 1703 did not solve the problem. what could I do next? how can Jumper engineers contact? I tried an email but I did not get an answer.

lations
    Participant

For what it’s worth, my EZbook Pro 3 (not the 3S mind you) came with Windows 1703. I did a fresh format onto 1803 (the latest) and everything worked perfectly. There were only two unidentified drivers, and both of them were very minor (some shit about ‘thermal management interface’, nothing that prevented me using it anyway)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password