Aliexpress DHL will I get stung for import tax?

Aliexpress DHL will I get stung for import tax?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Aliexpress DHL will I get stung for import tax?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

I know on gearbest any other courier than DHL and 95% of the time you don’t get stig for import tax in U.K.  The problem is gearbest has no stock.

Aliexpress on the other hand jumper store want to use DHL and I am certain they will charge import tax. I cannot afford extra £50 and the laptop doesnt become cheap the. Any recommendations? aliexpress shipping?

Michael
    Participant

Aliexpress Standard Shipping. They ship with Singapore post which is an excellent service.  I always use that, never payed taxes and usually receive goods in less then 3 weeks (very fast considering i live in a remote Cape Verdean Island)

Blackburn
    Participant

DHL = Always taxes. Try the free method or slower methods they are tax free as Michael mentioned.

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Thomas
    Participant

but 3 weeks 🙁 my insides are dyeing.  If only gear best has stock there free shipping option only takes 2 weeks at the most and is tailed ended by MyHermes and I have never ever been stung for import tax with them.

Is there anywhere else with stock?  Must be M2 Sata /AC ones

Michael
    Participant

but 3 weeks ? my insides are dyeing. If only gear best has stock there free shipping option only takes 2 weeks at the most and is tailed ended by MyHermes and I have never ever been stung for import tax with them. Is there anywhere else with stock? Must be M2 Sata /AC ones

3 weeks is from China/Hong Kong to Cape Verde.  I don’t know where you live but im sure it will be a lot faster for you 😉

Thomas
    Participant

How much is import tax to the U.K. On a £250 laptop £25?   Any one know?

sportnok
    Participant

There will be tax plus a handling fee of apx £15, so could well be more than £25. I’ll be selling my pro with SSD slot shortly.. 😉

Wolf
    Participant

You are a dreamer, you don’t have time nor money and you are unable to put things in perspective as far as I can see.

#1 gearbest had no stock, they had a presale

#2 gearbest shipping is delayed for weeks regarding ezb 3 Pro shipping – third delay mail I got

#3 if your budget is tight you must have time, more budget might offer faster shipping

#4 The production of EZB 3 Pro has stopped so be happy if you are able to even get one

That’s real world cause I paid 3 weeks ago and if it will be shipped next week it will haven taken 6 weeks from order to arrival.

So what are you complaining?

You yourself made the mistake to not order earlier.

Good luck - WOLF

Thomas
    Participant

Hehehe, I got plenty of $$$, the issue is not that, I just that I dont want to have to pay import tax on a device when it amounts to 20% + of the total cost of the device and everyone wants quicker.

Thanks for your very helpful advise 😉

BTW ebay have plenty of them for less than £200 just no MSATA ports 🙁

Might just get the chuwi 14.1 £165 (gearbest voucher and topcashback.com) and do the heatsink mod and fit my own msata 128Gb (£30 second hand from a local store) or the t-boa tbook only £213 on geekbuyer £15 shipping but dreaded import tax issues again.

Thomas
    Participant

Got a Onda 21 in the end £225 with cash back site.

Yeah the battery life might only be 5 and a half hours but I can live with that.

Pluses

Better size and weight

both USB-c and usb 3.0 ports

no need for dc charger

will run from my power bank

I can receive it with 2 weeks with no import tax.

Finger print sensor

faster ram equals better FPS

Negatives

battery life

no reviews so could turn out to be poo

sportnok
    Participant

Where was the deal for the Onda Xiaoma 21?

Thomas
    Participant

gearbest flash sale, £235 go get it.

Eddie
    Participant
    Jake
    Participant

Hello, I recently bought some limited edition sneakers online in the US that are not sold in Canada. I used the shipping from us to canada service and it was much cheaper than other freight forwarders. The sneakers were delivered quickly and packed securely. If you need to ship items from US stores that don’t ship to Canada, I recommend checking their rates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar