ANDROID 7 and 8 Chuwi Hi12

ANDROID 7 and 8 Chuwi Hi12

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum ANDROID 7 and 8 Chuwi Hi12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Chilko
    Participant

Hi, is there any chance we can get Android 7 or 8 Working on our loveley Hi12?

Chilko
    Participant

I succesfully booted BLISS ROM Nougat X86 from here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/x86-bliss-x86-pc-s-t3534657)

-Wlan Working

-Display Working (NO TOUCH)

– Physical Keyboard working

– Sound Working

will poste update if I fix touch

Chilko
    Participant
    K-MUN
    Participant

may i know you use which method to install ?? will delete windows 10 or not ??

bliss rom is unroot ?? or half root ??

Chilko
    Participant

Don’t do it if you can’t read and know the basics bro.

Joris
    Participant

Would be really cool if the touch screen works. Good to see that an upgrade to a newer android version is possible….

Henrik
    Participant

I tested the latest live usb build on my Hi12.

I noticed that if i restarted from windows and then booted to bliss rom i got the touchscreen working.

Camera and audio is not working.

K-MUN
    Participant

how is Blis Rom ? it is better than chuwi android 5 ?

K-MUN
    Participant

i boots from USB using rufus with this firmware “android-x86_64-7.1-rc2.iso” touch screen working, audio also working but must using bluetooth speaker. NO CAMERA.

Chilko
    Participant

Newest Bliss Bleeding Edge build got TOUCH SCREEN WORKING…. So we have Android 7.1 officially on our lovely tablet… The only thing that is missing is SOUND!!! Great

K-MUN
    Participant

Newest Bliss Bleeding Edge build got TOUCH SCREEN WORKING…. So we have Android 7.1 officially on our lovely tablet… The only thing that is missing is SOUND!!! Great

Audio is working if you pair with bluetooth speaker, i use mi bluetooth speaker. actually we can get android 7 on our HI12

call me clive
    Participant

Is there anyway to install it using the TWRP recovery?  I would like to keep  the functionality of selecting from the dual boot menu with the vomlume keys.

Brian
    Participant

You referenced installing this and curious what process you followed like using the standard Intel Phone Flash Tool like we do for a standard Chuwi build, TWRP, Rufus, or otherwise.

Basic instructions would be greatly appreciated and I also noticed other posts about the latest Bliss supports both Touchscreen, WiFi, and Audio via Bluetooth on Hi12.  Actually, any help would be appreciated since I’m tired of Windows 10 (I’m pretty certain most people are) on my Chuwi and will probably move to using the largest gpt_53gb.bin file and setting up as a dedicated Android device.

Also the latest Bliss bleeding edge release came out on 12/30 less then a week ago.  Has anyone tried this build (<span class=”label” title=”Bliss-v10.0-PC_Beta–OFFICIAL-20171229-1246android_x86_64.iso”>Bliss-v10.0-PC_Beta–OFFICIAL-20171229-1246android_x86_64.iso</span>) and had better luck with Audio and can live without Audio using only Bluetooth since this is what I do anyways.

Thanks for the reply when you have a few minutes,  Sorli…

Update 1:  Tried the latest Bliss Bleeding Edge build, but no go using Dec 2017 builds and wasn’t able to get touchscreen working, WiFi functioned after a couple of tries using a Mouse and Keyboard for input, and not sure what’s different boot from USB and locally (besides Chuwi BIOS not automating this process). Would love to hear some experienced user input on getting Bliss to work on the Chuwi Hi12.   Thanks again…

Jasper
    Participant

did you live boot or did you install it ? i tried to live boot and it didn’t start for me

Antoine
    Participant

Hello,

I am also trying to use Android > 5.1 on my Chuwi HI12.

I can boot on a usb stick with several roms.

Android_x86 8 or 9 is ok but best experience is with Bliss V11.10 using Vulkan option (dosn’t boot otherwise).

Big issue is still sound, nothing on the speaker nor the 3.5 jack (didn’t try nor bluetooth nor USB audio).

Anybody would have a solution ? Or tested a custom ROM with sound working ?

By the way, any solution booting directly on the USB stick ? (I have to plug a keyboard and hit F7)

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password