Android reads tf card Windows 10 does not see it….

Android reads tf card Windows 10 does not see it….

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion Android reads tf card Windows 10 does not see it….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    John Maugeri
    Participant

Hi folks.  My Cube iWork8 ultimate dual boot is working great except when I boot Windows 10 it does not see mt 32gb tf card.  Android sees it no problem so I assume it is not a hardware issue.  Can’t figure this one out.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Laura
    Participant

you probably just formatted it with ext3/4 which windows does not see…

John Maugeri
    Participant

Tanks for the reply but nope.  In fact I have tried to partition and format it nine ways till sunday (FAT32, NTFS, etc..) and nothing.  In device manager it list 3 sd host controllers but the card will not read in windows.

Thanks,

John

John Maugeri
    Participant

Got it!!!!  Went into BIOS and enabled ms custom sdbus driver!!!  Voila!!! Boot into Windows and now my micro sd card is there!!!  Hope this info helps someone else.

Thanks,

John

John Maugeri
    Participant

Now that I have Windows 10 seeing the 32gb micro as card I am so close to being able to install the Windows 10 1511 update but it keeps telling me I need 5gb free on c: to do the update and after clearing everything I can think of I only have 4.44gb.  So close yet so far!  Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

John

David
    Participant

My Windows 10 only version of Cube iwork 8 also cannot read sdcard. In Device Manager i see the device cannot start code 10

I checked the BIOS but ms custom sdbus driver is already enabled.

Cannot figure out how to resolve this one

Thanasis
    Participant

I managed to install the 1511 update after alot of tries, so I hope this works for you as well (do at your own risk)

First of all make sure you have full battery as the update most likely will drain it and might fail.
    Connect either a big TF card, or a USB stick with lots of storage (32GB preffered)

When the update starts, it tells you there is not enough space, and asks if you want to use external storage with 10GB free.

Choose that option and click on Refresh. You ll get a message telling you that you need an extra XXX amount on your internal storage (which you most likely dont have yet even after you ve tried Disk Cleanup)
    The most space on the partition is taken by the Windows folder, and in particular Winsxs folder and the SoftwareDistribution folder.
    1. First thing to try is to delete the SoftwareDistribution folder(It saved me 3GB of space). That should give you enough room to start the install

2. If it fails, next step is to dissable the Virtual Memory.
    * Go to System->Advanced Settings->Advanced->Performance->Advanced->Change
    * Uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives then click on “No Paging File” and click on Set
    *Reboot
    (this should probably save you another GB of space)

3. If you still dont have enough space, we ll try to use a method back from the early 2000’s
    Right click on your c: drive -> Properties and on the General Tab click on “Compress this drive to save disk space” and click Apply

Those should probably be enough to get the install going

ps. To save time from downloading the update all the time, this trick might save you a little effort. Once the update is downloaded , and it has started , you ll se a hidden folder (enable view of hidden files and folders and protected OS files) called $Windows-BT or something similar which should be around 3.5GB.
    Copy that folder to your TF card or USB stick , and instead of starting the update from Windows Update, simply go to that saved folder and click on Setup. The update will start.

Isaac
    Participant

Now that I have Windows 10 seeing the 32gb micro as card I am so close to being able to install the Windows 10 1511 update but it keeps telling me I need 5gb free on c: to do the update and after clearing everything I can think of I only have 4.44gb. So close yet so far! Any ideas welcome. Thanks, John

Mine is loading for ever, to Open the MicroSD unit, i can see the icon, but that is, i cant open it, nor the space left. In Android is working nice, its fat32, and of course i did a hard format, still dont work 🙁

JIB
    Participant

I am also having trouble updating to 1511. I will try the steps above. I have many brands of sd cards. Windows won’t see most of the ones I bought from China, even though my desktop Windows 10 machine can see them. Brands that do work on my Cube iWord8 Ultimate without changing bios setting are Sandisk, Samsung and Remax (Gearbest and Everbuy sell this brand). 32GB Remax working in the iWork8 Ultimate. When my battery recharges I will try the steps above to get the update to install. Even though the SD card is being used after it starts the update it says I need to clear another 4.8GB on Drive C: for the update to install.

dirtyKIMCHI
    Participant

Using the Windows Update Troubleshooter definitely helped get the iWork8 to take 1511; just took a long time to install.

Had to turn off Hibernation & the Page File. (Used the X98 GPT.bin mod to initally shrink Android to a 5GB partition instead of an 8GB one).

Once it was all done; did Reset This PC via Windows Recovery so everything is as if it was Out Of Box (everything was re-enabled).

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Got it!!!!  Went into BIOS and enabled ms custom sdbus driver!!! Use a keyboard and otg usb cable, press escape on startup, press right arrow and go into Advanced, down to System component, press Enter,   and go down to “ms custom sdbus driver”  press enter and select enabled, press enter,     then press F4 to save and exit. Voila!!! Boot into Windows and now my micro sd card is there!!!  Hope this info helps someone else.”

JIB
    Participant

If you use a REMAX or SAMSUNG SD card Windows can use them without having to go into the BIOS. I have other SD cards from China that work fine in other computers but the tablet won’t read them in Windows.

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi folks. My Cube iWork8 ultimate dual boot is working great except when I boot Windows 10 it does not see mt 32gb tf card. Android sees it no problem so I assume it is not a hardware issue. Can’t figure this one out.

I have the same problem, except for the fact that my iWork8 Air used to read my 32Gb SD Card (Toshiba) and now, for no reason, I get a “This device cannot start” (Code 10 error)  message in Device Manager in Windows whenever I insert this or other SD cards.

The same SD cards have no problems at all when used within the Android partitions or other devices.

The only SD card still readable in Windows is an old 2Gb SD card (FAT filesystem). I’ve tried another 16gb SD card and try to format the 32gb SD cards in FAT or FAT32 but I had no luck.

“Got it!!!! Went into BIOS and enabled ms custom sdbus driver!!! Use a keyboard and otg usb cable, press escape on startup, press right arrow and go into Advanced, down to System component, press Enter, and go down to “ms custom sdbus driver” press enter and select enabled, press enter, then press F4 to save and exit. Voila!!! Boot into Windows and now my micro sd card is there!!! Hope this info helps someone else.”

Nope. The MS custom sdbus setting is enabled and it doesn’t work. I’ve made a fresh flash of the BIOS (in case something got corrupted over there) but that didn’t work either.

I’m clueless as to what to do next.

silverstar
    Participant

hmmm I finally hit this error after installing the anniversary update. I’ll try to downgrade it and see what happens.

Riccardo
    Participant

hmmm I finally hit this error after installing the anniversary update. I’ll try to downgrade it and see what happens.

Not to discourage you, but I’ve flashed the original BIOS/ANDROID/WINDOWS firmware downloaded from CUBE website more then once and it didn’t work at all 🙁

It’s clearely indicated as a driver issue, according to Windows troubleshoot tool, AND ther’s something wrong with the Plug and Play device, but how is it possible that even flashing the factory Windows O.S. image the issue remains is beyond me, considering that the SD card reader worked great for a while!

Also, as I said before, it seems that I’m still capable of reading an old 2gb SD cards in Windows without problems, but when I try to use SD cards with 8gb or more, I get the error. How’s that possible?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar