Anyone with a BMAX laptop?

Anyone with a BMAX laptop?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Anyone with a BMAX laptop?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    peteronowak .
    Participant

Hi all,

I know Chris will review a Y13 but I just thought to ask if anyone here already have a Y11 or Y13 and what they think of it?

I am after a budget travel notebook and a Y13 or Y11 look interesting… I am particulary interested in how a BMAX would compare against Chuwi Lapbook Pro… hoping that while BMAX have added the touchscreen it has not skimmed on quality of other HW…

Joel
    Participant

Anyone know what is the largest size the M.2 drive can be later upgraded to after purchase?  Guess??

Chris G
    Keymaster

@peteronowak If you look in the comments someone has the Y11, all good apart from the keys are quite hard to see the letters on them. Because it’s silver and not backlit. I’ve reviewed the Teclast F5 search for that, the exact same machine apart from the colors used. I really like the F5, just no full-sized USB port and 5 hours battery life tops! But for a travel laptop, it’s great so thin, portable and only about a kilo in weight.

@joliett
    I posted in the comments this. If it’s 2242 (99% it is in the Y11) It’s 512GB max. But if it’s 2280 in the BMAX Y13 then 2TB.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

peteronowak .
    Participant

Thanks Chris, will check the F5 review. Regarding the lack of full sized USB ports… I assume there are adaptors?

Carlo
    Participant

I have a Bmax Y11 and can confirm that’s the same laptop as the Teclast F5 (NOT the F5R), only differences are the grey/white keyboard (that is difficult to read under some light conditions) and the SSD, which is 256 GB.

The battery is not so good, it’s only 7.000mah and can last about 4-5 hours, like Chris said.

No full size ports, I use a USB-C hub linked to the power supply, or it is possible to use the bundled micro-usb to full-usb adaptor.

As said before, the Y11 does NOT have backlight keyboard.

Buenaventura Durruti
    Participant

I have bought one Bmax Y11 and  two things  have surprised me: the screen (bright, sharp colors, impressive!) and the manufacturing quality, carefully finished metal case, well adjusted keyboard, solid materials.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Folks,

got my BMAX 13 yesterday, nice little fellow, only thing I’m looking for to buy is a glass screen protector, investigating now which on the market ones would fit the best 🙂

But I have one question to other owners, especially on the BMAX 13.3 – USB-C power delivery, and charge, is the USB-C charging working for anyone? The original charger work in the proprietary connector, but I tried several USB-C power supplies on the “FULL USB-C” port just beneath the power plug, and if I connect the USB charger, red light only once blinks and that is no charging, Windows is not showing any charging, do you have the same? For me on the way USB-C Charging is crucial, all my equipment is now a days USB-C, I had not the courage to ad a charge to the second USB C connector, on the other site, above the power button I don’t want to damage anything.

Gasper
    Participant

Hello guys, I’m considering buying Y13. Can anyone tell me if you can use the pen on this touchscreen? Anyoned tried it?
    I want to use it in businesss for both, writing notes and drawing sketches.

Daniel
    Participant

On the manufacturer site is a active stylus advertised, but I would not use any of those without a glass protector

Dominique
    Participant

I wonder when we will get the chance to buy and 2X1 cheap and perfect, backlid is great, large memory is great, strong cpu is great 12 or 13″ are great, 300 euros are great , but there are always somethings bad!

Daniel
    Participant

Update, for my Y13 I ordered the Teclast F6 Pro screen protector, its nice plastic glass, but too small, don’t bother to use it.

Can anyone recommend a glass/plastic-glass protector for the Y13?

jeremy
    Participant

Hi Daniel, just received the Y13 as well, and I can tell you USB C port works just fine 🙂 I think it depends on the power you give it. I load it with a 45W xiaomi power bank.

I’m looking for answers too, about backlit… do you or anyone know how to enable it?

and I’m having issues with the micro SD card, it goes in, works if I leave my finger on it, keeping the card inside, but doesn’t insert itself… Anyone got clues?

@Gasper
    . if I find a pen I’ll tell you but for now I can say the screen works fine with my fingers lol

Will be interested in your screen protector feedback @Daniel

Thanks,

Jeremy

Dominique
    Participant

chuwi Ubook pro vs Bmax Y13

helo is there someones with those 2 , comparing? or Chris what do you think about the difference between those two? plus or cons? thanks

Leonard Capillon
    Participant

Hi,

Just received my BMAX Y13 this morning.

For the backlit use F2  (or Fn + F2) to adjust the 3 levels of intensity, high, medium or off. For me the backlighting isn’t really uniform, but hey that’s better than nothing I guess.

Very interested in the screen protector situation. Can’t seem to find any for this specific device, any update ?

I haven’t tested the microsd slot yet. But USB C charging works well for me with the 60W charger I use for my Mi notebook pro.

Thanks a lot

Dan
    Participant

This week I got the Y11, and I think it’s the best 11.6″ 2 in 1 in my opinion. Perfect size, weight, and seeing the screen made me scratch my head as to why my Dell Insprion 7375 doesn’t have as nice of a screen even though it’s double the price…

I did a thermal heating mod (based on what Chris did to a laptop with a similar processor and cooling style) and set the power limit to 14 watts and it runs really well. Realtek added a Wndows store like app that has an equalizer mode and got better sound from the speaker  (EQ settings shown in pic) and I’m sure those settings would help the speakers for the Teclast F5 and the Jumper Ezbook x1 as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar