Bad WIFI? Find out why in 5 minutes

Bad WIFI? Find out why in 5 minutes

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad WIFI? Find out why in 5 minutes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

download Acrylic home free wifi

check the different places you use your computer in work position (hands on the keyboard) and in watch position (no hands)

check watch positions with 90 degrees rotations also, you might be in for a surprise.

check if antenna position on the router make a difference (it did in my case)

Here are 2 shots one from checking out the spots used in the house and one where I just write this post and see how the signal fluctuates.

This should give you a hint how to optimize your settings. N-band was used, I do not have the low powered but faster AB-bands.

A second computer was active during the tests in the wintergarden (conservatory or glassed porch as they say here in Spain).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’ve used a similar app on my mobile that finds the weak and best spots. That one for Android is called Wifi sweet spot. I have some really thick walls at home and the signal is bad, need to set up a wifi hotspot repeater.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops ­čÖé

Chupa
    Participant

the problem is it will work for your phone but compare it simultaniously  with phone and laptop and you should see a difference especially when you have the laptop in working position with the hands all over. I noticed a 5 DBA difference just by turning the laptop in another angle that the side was parallel to the router.
    …and thick walls in a Spanish house in Denia, where nearly all houses build in hollow block stones and the inside walls here in Valencia are just as thick as a door frame. Maybe you have a load bearing wall.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password